Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best places to eat Breakfast in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would not say it is the best breakfast, but a place I loved was Carats (sp?) along the seafront near the powerstation. Had many Sunday mornings in there, post marathon training. The missus would join me....in her car and drive me home afterwards for a shower :) Especially good in the summer.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It’s good but there are some formidable rivals like Princes Cafe on Seaside and the Beach Cafe. And then there are the cut-above establishments like the Cafe Aroma in Old Town as well as the trendier Eggs Benedict emporia like Beanz and the Perch in Princes Park. The new Glasshouse on the front is good for that sort of late morning gear too.
The Glasshouse really? You must have struck lucky or are easily pleased. Have you read the reviews? Maybe teething problems but not good despite a great location and decor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would not say it is the best breakfast, but a place I loved was Carats (sp?) along the seafront near the powerstation. Had many Sunday mornings in there, post marathon training. The missus would join me....in her car and drive me home afterwards for a shower :) Especially good in the summer.
A proper breakfast after a 3 hour training run is heaven 🙂

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
The Glasshouse really? You must have struck lucky or are easily pleased. Have you read the reviews? Maybe teething problems but not good despite a great location and decor.
Had brunch there last week. Some sort of Eggs Benedict variant. Very nice. I should have read the reviews before going 😁.

Don't panic. It's not a English Defence League hang out and/or full of Ingerland hoolie types.
That might be what they want us to think! Lure us in with black pudding and bubble, and the next thing you know they're forcing C18 literature and tattoos upon us . . . tbf there's not many cafes do bubble any more, and it might tempt me over to the right for at least an hour out of a morning

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's reassuring that in this, and the brunch thread, there are no miscreants using the term "Benny Eggs."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wheelies in Portslade. Loads of choice from those with a small appetite up to ginormous going for the Trucker Breakfast.
Would you say it is wheelie good?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Moksha Cafe in York Place is one of my new favourites and on a sunny morning a very pleasant place to sit outside and enjoy a good breakfast. T@TheDials is another local favourite for me in Seven Dials. Iydea in the North Laine and Cafe Rust on London Road are two others I'd recommend.

Brighton is a great place to get a slap up breakfast

theboybilly

Billies cafe has to be one of them. Honest plate of cooked breakfast which fills you up for hours. Reasonable price. The Hashes are amazing too. I like avocado, houmous and Halloumi but for me they have no place in a cooked breakfast plate. Baked beans on the plate as opposed to a tiny ramekin too.

Yours?
As soon as you put Hash Browns in a cooked breakfast it ceases to be a Full English for me. Might as well go the whole Full New England and add pancakes with a side of Grits.
So many cafes spoil it by adding this abomination

Edit: My cafe of choice is Feedwell Cafe just along from Breakfast at Tiffany's in Portslade

At risk of opening up a can of worms, (metaphorical, not literal, i dont think there's a worm-based breakfast anywhere) i do think a full scottish is a wonderful breakfast, and takes precedence ahead of a full english.
The tattie scone, the square sausage, the variety of different blood puddings (jeez, how good is white pudding by the way), a jollop of haggis, it is the superior home nation brekky. Though admittedly i would like to have a bash of an ulster fry before i declare a full champion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here