Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere Today

D

Deleted member 2719

BT can stick their mics wherever they want and they wont put them where it will pick up some wholesome language. So maybe not chat shit when you werent even in the stadium.

Considering it was yet another 12:30 kickoff and we went one down early it was a pretty good atmosphere especially considering some of the games at the end of last season.

The commentators were also suggesting it was very sleepy.

It sounds like you may have been up to a bit of vocal positive support for the lads though.:thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought the atmosphere/support was good today and certainly better than other recent games. That's from being at the matches rather than watching on TV.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have the long term solution (not picking on you, honest).

For all the NSC’ers in the ES and WS who frequently criticise the lack of Amex atmosphere, to transfer to the NS in the next close season. With those who do the same whilst watching matches at home, to start attending, buying NS tickets.

Should do the trick, hey presto, a fervent NS.

I have always believed the atmosphere would be better if the NS singers went in the upper stands, as they may well be singing their hearts out down there, but it is not always heard elsewhere in the stadium, so it doesn't get the Mexican wave effect.

Of course, it could just be people turning up out of habit and not desire.

I really don't like criticising the fans, especially when I wasn't there, but sometimes Palarse makes us look second rate, and that's difficult to swallow.

The main thing that was a positive, inspiring match for the lads, I just hope the fans feel the same.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thought the atmosphere/support was good today and certainly better than other recent games. That's from being at the matches rather than watching on TV.
It was OK today. Seemed like after 0-1 “the crowd” recognised our players needed support rather than groans and moans. Only complete dickheads could have groaned much today. Current Scapegoat No.1 Webster not putting a foot wrong helped.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I was in the North Stand as per. First half wasn’t great but second half was excellent, I thought.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just about every team that comes here now sings 'Is this a library?' Which to be fair it is for much of the time. Could be so much better (and no more lectures from the 1901 clubbers as to how the North Stand could make more noise ta)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was OK today. Seemed like after 0-1 “the crowd” recognised our players needed support rather than groans and moans. Only complete dickheads could have groaned much today. Current Scapegoat No.1 Webster not putting a foot wrong helped.
Fella next to me was screaming for Potter to be sacked and suggested to his mate Sam Alladyce took over, then he demanded Webster to be taken of despite him probably having his best game for us. We do have some idiots.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Just about every team that comes here now sings 'Is this a library?' Which to be fair it is for much of the time. Could be so much better (and no more lectures from the 1901 clubbers as to how the North Stand could make more noise ta)

Agreed. Would love it though to become a place where opposing players don't like to come to take throw ins and corners. A less 'nice' atmosphere for opposing players.

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed. Would love it though to become a place where opposing players don't like to come to take throw ins and corners. A less 'nice' atmosphere for opposing players.
but there's to many nice liberal fans that wouldn't like that, time for them to getreal eh :wink:
regards
DF

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
12.30ko on new years day... There wouldn't have been a ground in the country that would have been anything but very quiet under the same circumstances.

When do the excuses stop though? Too early, too cold, the team need to gives us something before we sing yadda yadda. To a genuinely vociferous supporter base none of the above would be relevant.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I know this is the way in general, but there must have been some motivators within the crowd trying to help the lads on.

I may be annoying in the stands to some, but I will always try to motivate the side if I am in the ground.

I just don't see the point in going if you're not going to be vocal with support to your team.:shrug:

I would give them 1 out of 10 today and that would be for turning up after a night out, and if they didn't go out last night they deserve a 0 out of 10.

Now then Mouldy, you really shouldn't be having a go at the atmosphere from the comfort of your lounge.
FYI, your former seat at the stadium and a couple next to it are taken by a lovely little family who have a blanket over their knees and have a lovely picnic at half time.
So not much difference in the atmosphere from when you were there, if I remember rightly. [emoji6]
Happy new year by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Now then Mouldy, you really shouldn't be having a go at the atmosphere from the comfort of your lounge.
FYI, your former seat at the stadium and a couple next to it are taken by a lovely little family who have a blanket over their knees and have a lovely picnic at half time.
So not much difference in the atmosphere from when you were there, if I remember rightly. [emoji6]
Happy new year by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha, Happy New Year to you and your lovely wife mate.

I bet their blanket is half and half too!

Whatever happened to the man how tried to manhandle me?

I have had a lot on my plate recently, see you soon, any spare seats near you?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
When do the excuses stop though? Too early, too cold, the team need to gives us something before we sing yadda yadda. To a genuinely vociferous supporter base none of the above would be relevant.

Normally id completely agree, but I do think a sluggish first half atmosphere is excusable today. it really would have been the same anywhere 1230 on NYD. Last few games have been decent second half though. Need to get going from the off for the villa game - that one is huge

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I thought the atmosphere yesterday was good until they scored and then fantastic in the last 20 minutes especially after our goal, where everyone in the ground (except the Chelsea end of course) joined in.

I think it is normal for it to slack off for a while when the opposition score and if we are not playing well.

I sit by the half way line in the ESU and I could hear the North Stand very clearly. I thought they all sounded as one and sang some of our old songs which most knew. It is often difficult to make out the words of new songs so it makes it impossible for the other stands to join in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the atmosphere yesterday was good until they scored and then fantastic in the last 20 minutes especially after our goal, where everyone in the ground (except the Chelsea end of course) joined in.

I think it is normal for it to slack off for a while when the opposition score and if we are not playing well.

I sit by the half way line in the ESU and I could hear the North Stand very clearly. I thought they all sounded as one and sang some of our old songs which most knew. It is often difficult to make out the words of new songs so it makes it impossible for the other stands to join in.

From some of the comments think it has changed since the Goldstone, the Priestfield and Withdean :shrug:

Tell me how the scoring goes and I’ll tell you exactly what the atmosphere will be like at any home game, a controversial decision or two by the ref can make the exception though. The 9 man Burnley game being a good example.

A cup game, one against Palace or a playoff game can also make for a more difficult one to predict.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here