Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal Goal Just Now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's a professional sportsman. He can cope with a bit of pain. Has he ever seen arugby match? A man (or a woman) can be tackled fifty or sixty times a game with a couple of big blokes (or women) jumping on top of them. They seem to manage. Why can't a footballer?

I remember once at Turf Moor there was a half time game between primary school girls. The goalkeeper from one team kicked a ball at the same time as an attacker was kicking it, and fell over, and got up and made a save. Then she sat on the floor and cried, because her foot hurt. But crucially, as long as the ball was in play she kept playing and did her darnedest to keep the ball out. Crying was for later.

If de Gea had shown the same grit and determination as a 9 year old girl, he might have made the save.

Never played rugby specifically but there's different types of pain. I've had collisions with people, broken a rib stumbling over thing, ripped my ACL... none of those things left me as immobilised as when I accidently kick my toe into the door while going for the morning toilet. Someone stepping on you with studs on the wrong place can have a similar effect.

Cant blame him for potentially being immobilised by that thing from Fred. Still no problems with Arsenal scoring the goal though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here