Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are your halloween decorations up yet?

Have you got your halloween decorations up yet?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do people actually do this shit?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In my defense, I was looking for a black tree to make it more for Halloween but could not find one. I do not put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving I promise you;)
I suspect it may stay up all year :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I just say - f*** Halloween!

American bollocks latched onto in the 90s (?) over here

Don’t get me started on the two month build up to Xmas :lolol:

Why am I not surprised that Crodo embraces this rubbish? :wink:
It's a Crodo thread. FFS

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More Halloween

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Can I just say - f*** Halloween!

American bollocks latched onto in the 90s (?) over here

Don’t get me started on the two month build up to Xmas :lolol:

Why am I not surprised that Crodo embraces this rubbish? :wink:

Having lived in this.... Interesting country for a while now I have to admit Halloween is superb here, everything is very eerie, some of the haunted house attractions are f***ing insane due to the sheer amount of acreage available for them and it's just fun. Halloween IN.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In this household we endeavour to ignore Halloween as muc as we can.........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The last few years I’ve noticed some houses in Newhaven with Halloween decorations up a few weeks before the 31st, I saw one house with them up at the end of September.
I’m sure in the past anyone celebrating Halloween just put their decorations up on the actual day, seems a bit over the top.
Same types that put their Christmas decorations up in November I suppose. 😵‍💫

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Accidentally kicked the skeletons out of the loft over the weekend.

Wait, Hallowe’en?

papachris

It's just another big commercial opportunity dreamed up (for UK purposes) by the big retailers, one of which I used to work for. You know the what we called the seasonal aisle. It's all about these sales opportunities, basically selling worthless junk. Every few weeks it will change to the next thing.
Watch out in the next few years, international women's day, an idea imported from the continent to sell flowers and chocs etc. Most people in the UK had never heard of it until recently. I guess they are stocking up on world Cup memorabilia right now and I don't even live in the UK now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's just another big commercial opportunity dreamed up (for UK purposes) by the big retailers, one of which I used to work for. You know the what we called the seasonal aisle. It's all about these sales opportunities, basically selling worthless junk. Every few weeks it will change to the next thing.
Watch out in the next few years, international women's day, an idea imported from the continent to sell flowers and chocs etc. Most people in the UK had never heard of it until recently. I guess they are stocking up on world Cup memorabilia right now and I don't even live in the UK now.
Retail makes me laugh with its blatant hypocrisy.

'We're all about sustainability, but please buy all our plastic Halloween shite that will end up in landfill quicker than you can say "Do you need a bag?".'

'It's January and we're all about healthy eating as customers start their new year's resolutions. But only until February, when we're going to cram 50,000 Easter eggs into the seasonal aisle.'

🤣🤣

As for Halloween? Nah, it can do one. There's nothing 'fun' about a load of 'scary', gory or gruesome stuff outside your house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here