Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Arsenal good or are Liverpool just garbage?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's beginning to feel like managing Liverpool with the current set-up is a totally impossible job. The man they said would be able to build and would be given time will in fact not be given that time at all, the fans are already turning.
There's only one man who can sort out Liverpool right now and only if gets total team control and that's Benitez, I can't see another single candidate to turn them around.

Dalgliesh, shirley?

Or what about Moyes to Anfield? :moo::jester:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rodgers looked a bit shell shocked.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I did the Anfield tour before our game up there last season. The whole place just stenches of a club in decline, total decline. Everything is looking backwards, living on past glories.

They are now one of the many teams fighting in that mid table league. They are the same as Everton/Villa/Fulham etc, no where near top six material.

The sad thing is their fans have not yet woken up to it. They still think they can compete with the top four which is lunacy. And this lack of patience and over expectation leads to them sacking managers too quickly and not giving anyone a chance to properly rebuild. Hodgson could have done a job, but need two or three years not the four months he had.

Rodgers will again need at least two seasons to start to turn around their decline, but I doubt he will be given it.

I see no reason why we can't be competing with them in the next three or four years.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You cannot compare Liverpool with Arsenal, who despite their lack of signings look a decent enough team and will be top 4.

Liverpool need to give Rodgers time (at least a season) and accept that they are top 10 at best

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reina has been living off reputation for a couple of years now, not unlike Speroni. He's an average Prem keeper now, certainly worse than Krul or Cech.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was a weird game to watch because Arsenal, for the first time in YEARS showed what Wenger has been TRYING to do for a while.

It was scary watching Diaby do the best Vieira impersonation I have ever seen (when fit, he is just a beast), Cazorla playing the Pires role, Arteta playing almost Fabregas-esque in terms of his ball retention and Gibbs being Cashley Cole. Even Podolski making the late Ljungberg styled runs was a familiar sight.

Obviously i'm making very simplistic comparisons, but certainly Wengers vision was on show for once.

and FINALLY they have sorted out the defence. Mertesacker is ALWAYS going to be slow but he is now fit (compared to last year) and showed why he is an international with a huge amount of caps. Vermaelan leads the defence superbly also. 3 clean sheets in 3 games (especially away at Stoke and Liverpool) is excellent. All it needs is the frontline to gel and I can see a lot more 1-0 and 2-0's this season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kenny is done, he really does not have anything to add to what he already tried, I can't see Moyes betraying Everton and moving to Liverpool,

I know, I wasn't being serious on either count. But I'm sure many fans will be calling for KK back - failing to see that he is part of the reason for the mess they are in!

And no, of course Moyes wouldn't go there. Rivalry aside, I think he'll be setting his sights a lot higher.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I know, I wasn't being serious on either count. But I'm sure many fans will be calling for KK back - failing to see that he is part of the reason for the mess they are in!

And no, of course Moyes wouldn't go there. Rivalry aside, I think he'll be setting his sights a lot higher.

I could see Moyes going to Man Utd though, something tells me he is destined to take over from Sir Alex, like he is hanging on at Everton for the call

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reina has been living off reputation for a couple of years now, not unlike Speroni. He's an average Prem keeper now, certainly worse than Krul or Cech.

or Vorm, Al Habsi, Czeszny, or De Gea.

...or Friedel, Lloris, Ruddy or Hart...

In fact, who in the Prem IS Reina better than?

Shay Given on current form? Rob Green?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You cannot compare Liverpool with Arsenal, who despite their lack of signings look a decent enough team and will be top 4.

Liverpool need to give Rodgers time (at least a season) and accept that they are top 10 at best

This.

Arsenal to retain top 4 place due to quality squad (borne out by big wage bill).

Newcastle, LFC, Spurs, Everton .... won't break into it this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here