Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Arsenal good or are Liverpool just garbage?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Cazorla is not average.

Really rate him and this how i imagine TB would look if he played for Arsenal.

Santi-Cazorla_2814399.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool were too stretched and vulnerable to the counter attack. And some of the their players were not up to scratch. e.g. Sterling, Shelvey, Borini, Downing, Sahin, Suarez.

Arsenal did not looked much cop either. I still think Liverpool will he ahead of Arsenal in the final reckoning.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The weird thing with Liverpool is that it's pretty obvious to many outsiders where the gaps are in their team. Their only strikers left are Suarez, who misses ten for every one he scores, and must have been booked almost as many times as he scored last season, and Borini, who's hardly been prolific here in the past. So they decide to loan out Carroll, on the last day of the transfer window, without having anybody else in place. If that's not a ridiculous move by the Liverpool board, I don't know what is.

Gerrard just about sticks it out, but he's several years past his best. Reina likewise, has been rubbish for a couple of seasons now, but have Liverpool made any efforts to sign a new keeper? No, they went for Carroll, Henderson and Charlie Adam. Genius. Oh, and Skrtel is a complete carthorse in defence, and a booking waiting to happen every game.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
every one of the big boys/top 6 etc have shown weaknesses so far this season - what makes the prem great

if Arsenal forwards can grow in confidence and they can go on keeping clean sheets i can see them being top 4 without a doubt

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool did not OG playing for them. Lets hope we get them in the FA Cup again!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Fact is, we are shite.
Can only get better...........
Rodgers will be lucky to get 3 or 4 months rather than years, rightly or wrongly.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think Arsenal looked solid at the back, and their forwards are class but need to get used to the system. Now that Corzola and Podolski have scored, their confidence will be raised significantly and can see them scoring for fun. I think Arsenal will do well this season, their defence has improved dramatically with their new assistant, so with these two factors, i can see them easily making the top 4.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Hate Liverpool with a passion and would love to see them drop out of the premiership with scumhampton this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arsenal are established CL world beaters.
Ox, Diabi, Vermaelen, Carzorla, Arteta, Podolksy, Giroud, and so on ... that's alot of talent, and borne out by their massive wage bill.
Always assumed LFC would lose at home to Man City & Arsenal. It's a mircale that they did so well against Man City with a thread-bear squad.

Top 4 will be the 3 high spenders (Man x 2, and Chelsea), plus Arsenal.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Hate Liverpool with a passion and would love to see them drop out of the premiership with scumhampton this season.

All that hate ain't good for your health.
I find it hard to HATE a club 250 miles with zero connection to the Albion.
The 6-1 FAC game must have been particularly painful for your hateful mind.

:lol:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Your next 9 months spent hoping your warped aspirations are fulfilled, and invariably they wonlt be. Life's too short.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
If Arsenal had kept hold of RVP i honestly think they would have won the league however they'll probs finish top 4 and maybe win the FA cup, their defence looks decent as well.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
606 was so predictable tonight. It wasn't long before the first "get rid of Rogers, bring back Dalglish" caller made his feelings known. If things don't pick up rapidly, Rogers will be odds on favourite for The Premier League sack race. Aside from the owners, the fans will be on his back even more than they are already, will only three games played.

Interesting comment from Dave Whelan recently who hinted as to why Martinez never accepted the Liverpool job, suggesting Martinez wanted FULL control of team affairs, but no assurances were given. With the Dempsey saga on Friday, its clear Rogers has his hands tied.

Martnez is a smart manager who I have a lot of respect for. He obviously sussed out the potential poisoned chalice.

I think Arsenal will stabilise and be thereabouts. Arsenal have a habit of turning things around when they look to be on a downward spiral. This win may well kickstart their season. They won't win the League but I fully expect them to be well ahead of Liverpool.

(Awaits this thread to be bounced when Arsenal or Liverpool win the League in May!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rodgers inherited the Swansea style from Martinez. Liverpool expect miracles straight away. They need to give Rodgers 3 or 4 seasons to build or they can expect to be shitter and shitter every year.

Well yes. They should have appointed Martinez (which seemed likely at one stage). Anyone who can keep Wigan up must have something going for him.

I think Rodgers will do a decent job if he's given time - but is that a big IF. He'll last longer than Hodgson though.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It's beginning to feel like managing Liverpool with the current set-up is a totally impossible job. The man they said would be able to build and would be given time will in fact not be given that time at all, the fans are already turning.
There's only one man who can sort out Liverpool right now and only if gets total team control and that's Benitez, I can't see another single candidate to turn them around.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
606 was so predictable tonight. It wasn't long before the first "get rid of Rogers, bring back Dalglish" caller made his feelings known. If things don't pick up rapidly, Rogers will be odds on favourite for The Premier League sack race. Aside from the owners, the fans will be on his back even more than they are already, will only three games played.

Interesting comment from Dave Whelan recently who hinted as to why Martinez never accepted the Liverpool job, suggesting Martinez wanted FULL control of team affairs, but no assurances were given. With the Dempsey saga on Friday, its clear Rogers has his hands tied.

Martnez is a smart manager who I have a lot of respect for. He obviously sussed out the potential poisoned chalice.

I think Arsenal will stabilise and be thereabouts. Arsenal have a habit of turning things around when they look to be on a downward spiral. This win may well kickstart their season. They won't win the League but I fully expect them to be well ahead of Liverpool.

(Awaits this thread to be bounced when Arsenal or Liverpool win the League in May!)

All Liverpool have to do is keep faith in Rogers in the understanding that, in all fairness, they are not a big club and need to behave accordingly. I qualify statements with the following:

1)They used to be a big club

and

2)They haven't really been a big club for two decades now.
(The European win in 2007 or whenever was an abberation).

I would fancy us doing them this season and lets face it we nearly did last season; at least once!

Suarez is OK
Rehman Sterling looks a great prospect
Gerrard is vg

The rest?

Hmmm, not very good?

Thing about this league is that they could be bottom three for a long time and then drop through the trapdoor.

On the + side they do have Arsetown Vanilla and the Scummers there so in all fairness only one place to play for.

In short, Arsenal top 4 , maybe top? Liverpool maybe bottom 4?

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Don't care about the result I had £2 on padolski 2-0 arsenal at 80/1 woo hoo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here