Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got any bloody hard football questions

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In terms of Brighton's history, what connects the Danish side Boldklubben Frem and Barnet FC?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Who is the only professional football club to wear both an all-white strip and an all-black strip?
Who is the only player to have made 100+ appearances, in the top flight, for four different clubs?
Name two players who have headed four or more goals in a single game at Wembley?
At the old Wembley, how many steps were there up to the Royal Box?
When Liverpool were promoted to the top flight in 1962-3, which club was promoted with them, spending their only season at that level?
Which English ground is furthest away from the sea?
Which player was involved in the first £100,000 transfer in Britain?
Who was the first substitute in league football?
What record does George Robb hold playing for England v Hungary in 1953?
Who missed the first penalty in an FACup Final at Wembley?

Ten questions to get yer teeth into. ( Answers tomorrow )

1. Real Madrid
2. David James
4. 39
5. Leyton Orient. And it was 1961-62.
6. West Brom
7. Alan Ball
8. Keith Peacock
10. John Aldridge

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
David Beckham - Yes - for Manure
Bobby Charlton - Yes - for Preston NE
Rodney Marsh - Don't know. Did we play QPR much in the sixties?? Could we have played Fulham when he went there? Don't remember us doing that
Denis Law - Yes, for Huddersfield
Trevor Brooking - Yes - for West am in Diviion 2
Jimmy Greaves - Not unless it was when he was playoing for Barnet surely
Bryan Robson - Can't recall. Might have played for West Brom. Don't remember him playing for Manure. Used to be Remi Moses
Peter Shilton - yes - although all he did was fail yto get anywhere near gary Williams screamer
Kevin Beattie - don't think so
Bobby Moore - don't think so
George Cohen- don't know - did we play Fulham much then

Subs:

Gordon Banks - don't think so
Martin Peters - played for Norwich
Ivor Allchurch - no idea
Liam Brady - did he play at the Goldstone -= we played arsenal loads of times in the first few years of Div 1 and usually got beat 4-0
Brain Clough - no such player. Brian didn't and the nearest Nigel got was sitting on the bench next to his dad as we conceded 8 to Bristol Rovers on national TV!!
Johnny Haynes - be suprised - Fulham were first division and haynes was the highest paid player in the country.
Danny Blanchflower

Well played. I did not know all the amswers. I did not know Denis Law played at the Goldstone.

Rodney Marsh was probably the most memorable.
Greavsie didn't. If it had been a testimonial, I'm sure I would have gone.

Kevin Beattie was very impressive. But this must have been away.

Brian Clough ???

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
which club finished top scorers with 80 goals in the old 1st division,but still got relegated?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What record does George Robb hold playing for England v Hungary in 1953?

Only player to win his sole England cap in a home defeat - or only player to play for England once and never again be selected for the squad?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well played. I did not know all the amswers. I did not know Denis Law played at the Goldstone.

Rodney Marsh was probably the most memorable.
Greavsie didn't. If it had been a testimonial, I'm sure I would have gone.

Kevin Beattie was very impressive. But this must have been away.

Brian Clough ???

Clough famously scored five against us in a 9-0 defeat at Middlesbrough on the opening day of the 58/59 season - did he play in the return match? We would have played Boro the following three seasons too (not sure if Clough had moved on by then tho)

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Was George Robb the goalkeeper who conceded most goals in a England match, when Hungary gave us a tanking?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was George Robb the goalkeeper who conceded most goals in a England match, when Hungary gave us a tanking?

No, that was Gil Merrick. George Robb was the last amateur to play for England, I think.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Name a player who has played in two domestic Cup Finals, for two different clubs, in two different countries, in two different years but in the same season.?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Which ex-England international was a player/manager of a Football League side at the age of 23, and the first one ever to sell himself to another club?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Name a player who has played in two domestic Cup Finals, for two different clubs, in two different countries, in two different years but in the same season.?

Gordon Smith

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Liam Brady - did he play at the Goldstone -= we played arsenal loads of times in the first few years of Div 1 and usually got beat 4-0

False memory syndrome. We lost 4-0 at home to Arsenal in our Div One debut (and by the same score in a League Cup replay), but our results against them in the league improved steadily until we actually won successive league games against them: 0-4 (h), 0-3 (a), 0-2 (a), 0-1 (h), 0-0 (a), 2-1 (h), 1-0 (h), 1-3 (a).

We played them five times in 1979-80, losing both league games, drawing 0-0 at the Goldstone in the League Cup before losing that replay, and losing 2-0 at Highbury in the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here