Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wordle 542 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

a fairly quick 4….

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Too many options lead to another 4
Wordle 542 4/6
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
St 56
Av 3.71

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wordle 542 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tallies.PNG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Par, as is my wrong guessing :rolleyes:

How do you guys who guess right straight away so often with numerous options available do it?

Annoying :smile:

Wordle 542 4/6*

🟩🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
1) A very helpful starter word, courtesy of @Bakero
2) Second guess is a word that uses up as many of the vowels not used in the starter word
3) Even though it might seem like a waste, don't be afraid of double-letters (or repetition of the same letters) – they are very common in the English language
4) Clarify which letters are the most common (and you realise they might not be what you first think)
5) Luck

:shrug:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wordle 542 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sorry, was at my elderly mum's yesterday and this morning so didn't see messages about 3/4th place playoff. Which was just as well. Congratulations @Bedsex !
Mean 3.94
Streaks 87

Too tired to be gutted with missing out on a 3 or 4 today.
Unlucky @BrightonCottager , but I’m obviously elated to come away with a medal, even though it’s the one no-one wants to win.

Good luck to @SeagullsoverLondon and @Frutos in tomorrow’s big match. Here’s to an exciting, long drawn-out final, comprising 7 draws over the course of the next week!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Unlucky @BrightonCottager , but I’m obviously elated to come away with a medal, even though it’s the one no-one wants to win.

Good luck to @SeagullsoverLondon and @Frutos in tomorrow’s big match. Here’s to an exciting, long drawn-out final, comprising 7 draws over the course of the next week!
Thank you. It would be ironic if this competition outlasted the other one with a similar name in Qatar, but somehow I doubt it.

Good luck to @Frutos tomorrow

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Wordle 542 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sorry, was at my elderly mum's yesterday and this morning so didn't see messages about 3/4th place playoff. Which was just as well. Congratulations @Bedsex !
Mean 3.94
Streaks 87

Too tired to be gutted with missing out on a 3 or 4 today.
Well done on getting 4th. Quite an achievement for us mid to low in the Wordle Table!

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Wordle 542 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

thanks to HWT for asking how to do the above and for those who explained it, much easier.

Streak 27
Played 332
Average 4.06
longest streak 93

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here