Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Wordle220517.png

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Wordle 332 5/6

1. X X X X X
2. X X X G Y
3. X Y Y G X
4. Y X G G G

Streak 28

Played 122

Average 4.01

Third 5 on the bounce, have to have a serious think about my starting word tomorrow.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
A question for the gurus -

I usually play this on my desktop PC (yes, I know, for 20th century, but there it is). I open up my browser, and one of the tabs has the Wordle page loaded, so I just click on it and guess away. No need to log into the Wordle site. Clearly, as it knows I am working from the same machine each time, it tracks my streak, and the record of each of my guesses, e.g. I have taken 4 guesses 58 times so far.

The problem is that next week I will be away for work purposes for a couple of nights, and will only have access to my works laptop and my personal phone. Is there any way to keep my streak going (assuming that I guess it in less than 6 goes each time) while going to the site from a different device?

I have found a few links (including how to manipulate the stats record directly! I would rather stay away from that!) and wonder if any part of the hive mind of NSC has already done this successfuly or not?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I usually play this on my desktop PC (yes, I know, for 20th century, but there it is). I open up my browser, and one of the tabs has the Wordle page loaded, so I just click on it and guess away. No need to log into the Wordle site. Clearly, as it knows I am working from the same machine each time, it tracks my streak, and the record of each of my guesses, e.g. I have taken 4 guesses 58 times so far.

The problem is that next week I will be away for work purposes for a couple of nights, and will only have access to my works laptop and my personal phone. Is there any way to keep my streak going (assuming that I guess it in less than 6 goes each time) while going to the site from a different device?

I have found a few links (including how to manipulate the stats record directly! I would rather stay away from that!) and wonder if any part of the hive mind of NSC has already done this successfuly or not?

I use my spreadsheet. PM me if you want a copy. It looks like (see above somewhere)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I use my spreadsheet. PM me if you want a copy. It looks like (see above somewhere)

Thanks HWT,
Yes, I use a spreadsheet too (I started it after hearing horror stories about streaks being corrupted when it moved to the NYT website - thankfully, that did not happen to me).
What I would prefer, if possible, is a way to enable the NYT site to show the correct streak and distribution of scores before and after I interrupt using my home desktop for a few days, without going in and directly editing the local file on my PC that tracks and displays my scores if possible.

But thanks again for the suggestion, it is appreciated.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Im the same as you only access NSC and wordle on desktop PC,

When i go away (which is frequently ) i just have to accept losing the streak

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Average 3.67 Streak 133

Wordle 333 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I have found a few links (including how to manipulate the stats record directly! I would rather stay away from that!) and wonder if any part of the hive mind of NSC has already done this successfully or not?

I doubt it unless there is a way to log into the NYT site for games and use that log in for all devices, otherwise there would be no way for it to know you have completed them on an other device to keep your stats going. (It recognisees you by cookies on your machine, so if you ever clear them, it will reset your score even if you play it daily)

The only other option i can think of is to take your desktop with you too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here