Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone been to Cyprus in April

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thinking of going the first week in April

What is the weather normally like? I assume its cool on a night?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going there on 22nd April and have been before and think it is one of the best months. It is usually like a summers day in this country without being excessively hot. Very warm and pleasant.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Unusual for it to be below 20, it's a lovely time, but you won't really be wanting to get in the sea, still very cold, pools also won't have really warmed up. That said, its lovely a that time of year, still some greenery about the place, and the mountains are stunning.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Went to Paphos last April. Had a great week, superb golf at Aphrodite Hills GC (two legendary holes). Paphos a bit shitty but hotel was good and the taverna down the road was fab. I posted some reviews on Trip Advisor.

Nice Hotel but with a little more management effort could be a cracking hotel - Louis Imperial Beach, Paphos Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor

Ficardo Restaurant Reviews, Paphos, Cyprus - TripAdvisor

All in all, OK. Company was fabulous. But I prefer the South of France and Nice.

TNBA

TTF

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I've taken the plunge and am going at the beginning of April for 11 nights. I looked on a weather website to see the historical data with regards to tempuratures.... History : Weather Underground not too bad for a bit of early spring sunshine! I find it always feels hotter than the forecast normally says!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Went a couple of years ago and it was fine. Temps in 70's and pleasant enough to sit outside most evenings. Only rained once.

Had never been to Cyprus before but was good. The only trouble was avoiding the plastic Man U fans (from Crawley of course).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we have been a couple of times in the first week in May and it was like a good English summer - warm in the day with just a slight chill in the evening, enough to wear a cardigan/long sleeves but no more. The sea was also about the same temperature as in an English summer....................... too cold to enjoy :)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Paphos in April was nice-70's,little bit cool in the evening,with rain 2 nights.Ayia Napa was well breezy but warm out of the wind.As long as you have plenty of Keo brandy sours,or lagers on board you don't tend to notice!Did get quite a bad case of sunburn in Akrotiri many moons ago,in February,after too many Keo.:cheers:

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Personally I love it but slightly biased as have a place out there..., pad is near Larnaca. holiday-rentals.co.uk/p851354. Happily do a Friends of the Albion deal :)

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

Any recommendations?

Thanks

I live in Cyprus. Early April is normally warm, but not as stiflingly hot as later in the year. Normally you're fine in your shirtsleeves at night.

We don't get much rain here, but April is one of the few months we do sometimes get it. (Funnily enough it was peeing t down last night as well).

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
hold fire on booking Blackpool hotel rooms as its fa cup 1/4 final weekend that weekend and anything could happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here