Spurs fans are savaging poor old Ange.

Seen him referred to as
"Erik Ten Ange" and
"Ange Imposter No Clue"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolute disaster for the bloke. While his players let him down for the first goal, he showed no grip at all from that point onwards. I reckon a huge chunk of his credibility is gone among Spurs fans. Fair play, he’s not hiding how bad it was - his brand is based on not bullshitting and he’ll keep that up to the end

On their forum loads still adore him. Probably because they have the eternal punch bag of Danny Levy, airbrushing out their vast spend.

IMG_2024-10-06-230325.png

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
High lines and football fans don’t mix well for the managers popularity when it goes wrong do they? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
AP Does seem like a decent guy, but the sullen grumpy after match interviews are really cringey....
I like the man, no nonsense Aussie but not that he always look at interviewer if he wins but at floor if he loses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hürzeler came out with new formations and tactics in the 2nd half and Ange could not cope. His 2nd half changes were absolute bollocks and the Australian could not change the dial, no matter how likeable some posters think he is. He got schooled by someone a lot younger on taking victory for granted. Fabian broke him today.
I am not a good judge of tactics, whereas you are, so I won't argue with that.

Something I did note from Fab's interview was, and correct me if I misunderstood, we tweaked it at half time, but in general it was about doing what we planned all along, but better, being sufficiently intense to make it work.

Yes, we were not caught on the break in the second half, but that was not because we abandoned a high line (I don't think we did) but because the entire game changed, and this may be largely due to us being more intense. That means intense with our (new brilliant ruthless) attacks, and with our defensive reformation when we lose the ball.

This is how Citeh play, brilliant technicians everywhere, and no pissing about. I am more than happy to be a (153.6 million) pound shop Citeh.

My bet is this. How well we do this season will be down to how well the players can stay 'at it' during a game, making life really hard for the opposition. I hope the intensity won't trigger too many injuries, albeit last time this was apparently due to RDZ's training methods rather than his playing style.

When we were promoted I never believed we could ever reach this level. We were plucky. Now we are dabbling with elite football. It will certainly go tits up occasionally, but what a time to be alive :ohmy: :rave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Magnanimous.

I didn’t notice radically different 'formations and tactics' in the second half. What I saw was Pervis coming on and instantly making that side of the pitch more fluid, with Mitoma seeming like a man suddenly liberated. Above all though was a different attitude across the pitch. More determination and 'intensity' to use that word much loved by coaches.

I don’t think Ange was 'schooled'. His side got complacent, that’s all. They were far better than us in the first, and they made the mistake of thinking they had the game sewn up. I don’t think any normal sentient being could watch that interview and not feel some simple human sympathy with the bloke.
Precisely my point (above). The players simply did what they had been told to do but, this time, properly. All about intensity.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I like him. There I said it. He’s alright. Rather him than Arteta.

Like many before him, he knows they’re rotten mentality wise. Mourinho said it, Conte said it, and he’s said it now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like him. There I said it. He’s alright. Rather him than Arteta.

Like many before him, he knows they’re rotten mentality wise. Mourinho said it, Conte said it, and he’s said it now.

Clubs don't have a mentality issue. Squads of players might have, but as the coach it's up to him to change that.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Clubs don't have a mentality issue. Squads of players might have, but as the coach it's up to him to change that.
Normally I’d agree, but it’s Spurs. They’re a meme for a reason - it just keeps happening.

Mourinho went on about imposter syndrome (in so many words) and really tried with players like Alli, Bentancur and N’Dombele but just couldn’t get through to them.

Conte got them to an excellent 4th but was always going on about the ceiling, ambition, belief.

And just last season Postecoglu had his “epiphany” that something was wrong:

“Culture” is such as massive thing and it transcends current squads/coaches and becomes a club’s DNA.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I'm in the pro Ange camp. Quite refreshing to see a manager taking full responsibility for a bad result rather than make excuses e.g. match officials etc. That cock at Forest is really pissing me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here