Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ange

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

When I watch an interview like that it's always the manager I feel sorry for. He just wants to tell the interviewer to stop asking such dumb reconstituted questions. Very restrained. He's clearly pissed off with the second half and just wants to say 'we we're shit' and walk away.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Grumpy misery most of the time and rude.
In fairness, it's hard to keep a happy countenance when the Ministry of Dumb Questions is in full flow.

My favourite is when an interviewer asks what it means to have scored the winning goal and rehashes the question in another form. I just want the player to say something like 'Nothing really, it ruined my acca'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_4770.png

Absolute disaster for the bloke. While his players let him down for the first goal, he showed no grip at all from that point onwards. I reckon a huge chunk of his credibility is gone among Spurs fans. Fair play, he’s not hiding how bad it was - his brand is based on not bullshitting and he’ll keep that up to the end

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
Didn't see him giving us any credit. Came across as a bad loser today.
He wasn't asked any questions about Albion's performance, it was all "how will the (Spurs) players deal with this?' etc. The bloke is clearly gutted at the collapse of his team. He's not going to go into the interview talking up how good Brighton were in the second half. Maybe give him a break?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Because it’s what any decent and honest manager would do. He’s an Aussie though so no surprise to me. What’s to like about him?…mate
He was very complimentary pre-match, I think he probably had more important things on his mind other than bigging up the opposition who had made his life very uncomfortable.

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
Hürzeler came out with new formations and tactics in the 2nd half and Ange could not cope. His 2nd half changes were absolute bollocks and the Australian could not change the dial, no matter how likeable some posters think he is. He got schooled by someone a lot younger on taking victory for granted. Fabian broke him today.
Magnanimous.

I didn’t notice radically different 'formations and tactics' in the second half. What I saw was Pervis coming on and instantly making that side of the pitch more fluid, with Mitoma seeming like a man suddenly liberated. Above all though was a different attitude across the pitch. More determination and 'intensity' to use that word much loved by coaches.

I don’t think Ange was 'schooled'. His side got complacent, that’s all. They were far better than us in the first, and they made the mistake of thinking they had the game sewn up. I don’t think any normal sentient being could watch that interview and not feel some simple human sympathy with the bloke.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Magnanimous.

I didn’t notice radically different 'formations and tactics' in the second half. What I saw was Pervis coming on and instantly making that side of the pitch more fluid, with Mitoma seeming like a man suddenly liberated. Above all though was a different attitude across the pitch. More determination and 'intensity' to use that word much loved by coaches.

I don’t think Ange was 'schooled'. His side got complacent, that’s all. They were far better than us in the first, and they made the mistake of thinking they had the game sewn up. I don’t think any normal sentient being could watch that interview and not feel some simple human sympathy with the bloke.
Look.

I’m going to dispute that you’re a Professor but not the other bit.

Time for some schooling……

“I didn’t notice radically different 'formations and tactics' in the second half.”

In the 2nd half we shifted to a flat back 4 with Veltman-Dunk-Igor-Estupiñán.

The back 3 in the 1st half was a disaster. Veltman was tucked in next to Webster/Dunk leaving our right flank almost undefended. Time and time again, we were outflanked on the right as Werner caused chaos and destruction with his pace and quick 1-2s with supporting midfielders.

The left flank was worse in the 1st half though. Kadıoğlu was playing inverted left wing back and had absolutely no answer to defending our lines. He was pushing up alongside Mitoma but offering us no defensive cover. We were a wreck.

Ange goes in to the 2nd half, 0-2 up and surely, he is expecting a reaction? His attacking strategies are cut off by our change to the back 4 and instead of going for a deep block and seeing out the match, he tries to go for a 3rd. He got spanked and schooled and it was brilliant!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah look, mate, etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here