Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ally McCoist

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Just watching his interview on SSN. What a genuine loyal guy. You can see the pain and embarrasment he is feeling, many many men would have walked but loyal through and through.

Top Bloke:clap2:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Agree. Poor guy really doesn't have a chance in regards to getting on and managing a team to compete.

The Rangers job has certainly aged him.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
His integrity is quite fantastic.

Read this

BBC Sport - Rangers: Ally McCoist favours Divsion Three start

and appreciate the guy for what he is , a genuinely great and committed, honest bloke.

Irrespective of what has happened there is no doubt that misdemeanours need to be punished. However, the baby has been well and truly thrown out with the bathwater here and when Rangers come back to the top table in three years or so, there will be no prisoners taken. In the interim famine will surely follow those who implemented the 'day of the long knives'.

Wait and see the crowds they get in div 3, a near sellout every week.

I sincerely hope that Scottish football restructures as a result of this and comes out a better organisation for it. I have doubts however that it will.

TNBA

TTF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Managed to drive his purple penguin deep into a big old slab of Patsy Kensit as well, behind his wifes back.

SUPERB integrity :thumbsup:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Irrespective of what has happened there is no doubt that misdemeanours need to be punished. However, the baby has been well and truly thrown out with the bathwater here and when Rangers come back to the top table in three years or so, there will be no prisoners taken. In the interim famine will surely follow those who implemented the 'day of the long knives'.

It should never have come down to the clubs having to vote in the first place as there should have been a clear set of rules put in place by the SPL which every club would have abided by. The other clubs were damned if they did and damned if they did not, having to make the choice between losing season ticket money or losing the gate receipts and TV money from a visit by Rangers - in the long run losing their own fans perhaps forever was far more important to these clubs than three years without one half of the old firm. As McCoist has rightly said in that article the other clubs have listened to their own fans rather than administrators who are far more interested in the financial rewards.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was thinking just the same.

Obviously it's easier for him than a 25-year-old player who pretty much has to leave, McCoist is comfortable already financially and can afford to 'be loyal'.

But even so, hanging around and putting up with all the shame and indignity of it for your club is a top effort.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What the HELL are you talking about? 'day of the long knives' my arse - your shower should be applying for a place in division 3 without any of this shenanigans. Agree with your comments on restructuring up there - Rangers and Celtic have absolutely ruined Scottish football, no doubt about it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Football fans (and directors) have very long memories. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, I can see some scores being settled by Rangers in the future against the SPL clubs in some form or other when they get back (which they will).

Be a great colour piece to write, a first Rangers Scottish Lg Three fixture, away at Stranraer. Mind you, could be Hampden Park presumably? (Queens Park).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Football fans (and directors) have very long memories. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, I can see some scores being settled by Rangers in the future against the SPL clubs in some form or other when they get back (which they will).

Be a great colour piece to write, a first Rangers Scottish Lg Three fixture, away at Stranraer. Mind you, could be Hampden Park presumably? (Queens Park).
But seriously, what have the other SPL clubs done wrong? All they've done is follow the rules. If new Rangers had been allowed back in, that would have shown just how corrupt the game has become up there - that the whole league is entirely dependent on just two clubs being in the top division.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But seriously, what have the other SPL clubs done wrong? All they've done is follow the rules. If new Rangers had been allowed back in, that would have shown just how corrupt the game has become up there - that the whole league is entirely dependent on just two clubs being in the top division.

I agree. But they're hardly the most reasonable bunch up there, and that's not how many fans will see it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree. But they're hardly the most reasonable bunch up there, and that's not how many fans will see it.

Every single piece I hear on the radio, SSN, etc seems to suggest that a majority of Rangers fans actually feel that they should be starting in L3, though?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Every single piece I hear on the radio, SSN, etc seems to suggest that a majority of Rangers fans actually feel that they should be starting in L3, though?
I agree, but on the other hand that is not the impression you get if you take a look at the muppets on followfollow.com, or indeed read the remarks above from Tony Towner's Fridge.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I agree, but on the other hand that is not the impression you get if you take a look at the muppets on followfollow.com, or indeed read the remarks above from Tony Towner's Fridge.

I have not even mentioned about preferences for Div 1,2 or 3. My comments were about the demeanour of McCoist and how nearly every SPL club has stick the knife in. I personally don't think that there is a right or wrong way to go about this, Scottish Football has been a basket case for many years. I do however see serious financial issues that will, I believe, occur next season in the SPL, mostly as a direct result of what has happened to Rangers.

Let him who cast the first stone.....is very very apt.

So no get on your high horse, we are righter than you, Rnagers fans are muppets etc etc here. It is all a very sad sad mess and one that has plenty of miles to go.

TNBA

TTF

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have not even mentioned about preferences for Div 1,2 or 3. My comments were about the demeanour of McCoist and how nearly every SPL club has stick the knife in. I personally don't think that there is a right or wrong way to go about this, Scottish Football has been a basket case for many years. I do however see serious financial issues that will, I believe, occur next season in the SPL, mostly as a direct result of what has happened to Rangers.

Let him who cast the first stone.....is very very apt.

So no get on your high horse, we are righter than you, Rnagers fans are muppets etc etc here. It is all a very sad sad mess and one that has plenty of miles to go.

TNBA

TTF
Of course there is - there are rules in place to deal with liquidations. No-one bat an eyelid when Gretna was liquidated. They weren't just parachuted into the SFL at a division above the bottom. The new club was actually rejected and now play in the highland league or something. There have been others too. When Airdrionians went bust, Airdrie United weren't even allowed into division 3 (Gretna were preferred).

I din't say Rangers fans were muppets - I said those on followfollow were. They are bigotted mongs on there for the large part, and seem to collectively believe they have a right to be much higher than division 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here