Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am currently listening to Godspeed. Wasn't sure when The Smile release date is/was, nor even if I've pre-ordered it.

Be interesting to get your thoughts on for new GSYBE album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does what the other ones do
I felt it was a bit flat. Previous albums have are a bit more “dynamic” at times. Maybe it’s the subject matter? I listened to it twice, I will give it a few more spins. I am seeing them perform it live in just over a week…maybe this will change my feelings towards it; live performance sometimes does this for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I felt it was a bit flat. Previous albums have are a bit more “dynamic” at times. Maybe it’s the subject matter? I listened to it twice, I will give it a few more spins. I am seeing them perform it live in just over a week…maybe this will change my feelings towards it; live performance sometimes does this for me.
You're probably right. Maybe there's the diminishing law of returns with them. All their stuff tends to become rather homogeneous for me, but I can say that (the relatively recent) Mladic is about the best thing they've done.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Never been a 'jazz' kinda guy, and I might be wide of the mark if it's not 'jazz', but I think 'The New Sound' by Geordie Greep is excellent...

Lots of bits fly off in different directions but it really works...

Nice

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never been a 'jazz' kinda guy, and I might be wide of the mark if it's not 'jazz', but I think 'The New Sound' by Geordie Greep is excellent...

Lots of bits fly off in different directions but it really works...

Nice
Thanks. He’s the chap from Black Midi isn’t he? I liked them so I’ll give this a listen. Incidentally I saw one of the other Black midi guys support Lankum the other week.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Thanks. He’s the chap from Black Midi isn’t he? I liked them so I’ll give this a listen. Incidentally I saw one of the other Black midi guys support Lankum the other week.
Yes, I saw him at the Psychfest in an early slot and though he was bonkers...have been looking forward to the album and it didn't disappoint

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Really enjoying the new M1llionz mixtape; Ghetto Life.

Drill gets a bad wrap and a lot of it is probably deserved but there’s a few artists that are actually talented and are expanding from a dying genre.

M1llionz is definitely in that category. Whilst I don’t think themid mixtape quite reaches the level of his debut tape Provisional Licence it’s a really good project.

Flows are disgusting and then usual drug dealing chat is balanced with moments of reflection. The highlight for me is probably Angie.

“I feel like I should have done CPR when I realised Angie was breathing wrong/5 years later and times moved on but I still can’t believe she’s really gone/what’s the foster parent going to say when their youngest begs to see his mum?” is one of the most depressing hooks I’ve ever heard. Bleak (but a lot of the album bangs)

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The new Peter Bruntnell album, 'Houdini and the sucker punch' is meant to be brilliant. It should have been in the stores last Friday, but as yet it hasn't materialised. I am going to get my copy this week, assuming that it's available.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Really looking forward to this on Friday

8a881630-5c1d-4a27-a5ae-0018d274236e_700x700.jpg

Attachments

• 0f2f462be14f396c2a92021aced7e1f0.1000x1000x1.jpg
    0f2f462be14f396c2a92021aced7e1f0.1000x1000x1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here