Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21s v AFC Varndeanians, SSC, tonight 7:45pm

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Our No.2 was really good. As i couldn't find a squad number list I am guessing it was Jacob Slater.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I

Ice creams, choc ice, drinks on sticks. Otters noses, wolf nipple chips, albatross
Do you get wafers with it?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm sure there are many reasons why it can never happen but I would love Withdean to be turned into a proper stadium housing 9-10,000 that could be used by the women's team, or for any other municipal reason for hosting that many people.
Same. I've got an unhealthy fascination with it as a venue

Unfortunately I can't see that happening while it's in the hands of the council. If the Albion bought it I'm just not sure you can squeeze a stadium that holds 9,000-10,000 in there with proper facilities without removing the running track

Plus the general infrastructure isn't great- parking etc is crap as the locals would object to there being free for all street parking

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
… and if you enjoyed it, why not come back tomorrow as they take on Peacehaven.

We’ve got there early, Fenerbahçe style!

IMG_5063.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, was at school with my daughter, also of Mile Oak primary I believe.
My son was in the year below. He’s been banging on forever about how good Tasker is but I’ve always put it down to him bigging up a schoolmate.

Seems NSC’s player sages agree, and when have we ever got a player wrong? :lolol:

He was there last night (also heckling his mate in Vardenians goal). Annoyingly I was supposed to be away for work which got cancelled last minute so hadn’t got a ticket and ended up watching the darts 🙄

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Same. I've got an unhealthy fascination with it as a venue

Unfortunately I can't see that happening while it's in the hands of the council. If the Albion bought it I'm just not sure you can squeeze a stadium that holds 9,000-10,000 in there with proper facilities without removing the running track

Plus the general infrastructure isn't great- parking etc is crap as the locals would object to there being free for all street parking
Hell will freeze over before the Withdean residents allow that. I agree I find it a very intriguing venue, would be nice if you could watch the games from the opposite side.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Withdean is obviously a very high potential sporting location

Location-wise it's 10 mins walk from a station. On established bus routes. Loads of street parking (f***em), proven park and ride nearby.

But it should never be just a football stadium. This is a community sporting asset which could be scaled up. I'm not going to name a number of seats, but I don't see why you couldn't have proper athletics meets there, all Brighton womens and u23 football played there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here