Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21s v AFC Varndeanians, SSC, tonight 7:45pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I don't think Varndeanians have a website. They seem to write the teams on a white board (and occasionally tweet it out, although not consistently):-

Any chance an NSC'er in attendance tonight could take a photo of said board and post it on here? Would be appreciated.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
CutPaste_2024-10-09_19-05-25-709.jpg

@AZ Gull :wink:

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That is a relatively strong line-up for Albion in the Sussex Senior Cup. First involvement for Aidan West who has been tearing it up in the U-18s this season. Also good to see Yussif Owusu back after he was subbed off in the Wycombe EFL Trophy match with concussion.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Is this game being dedicated to David Schildkamp, who passed away last month? I'd heard this was the case, as it's a very nice tribute to one of life's good guys.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is this game being dedicated to David Schildkamp, who passed away last month? I'd heard this was the case, as it's very nice tribute to one of life's good guys.
There has been nothing on the Varndeanians twitter account to that effect that I have seen.

Nostalgia fest - I’ve ended up 5 or 6 seats along from my old season ticket seat. Good lord weren’t the good old days terrible

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Is this game being dedicated to David Schildkamp, who passed away last month? I'd heard this was the case, as it's very nice tribute to one of life's good guys.
Dave was my scout leader at 30th Brighton and also took me to my first Albion away game at Bristol City on New Years Day 1980.
He was a lovely bloke and had a link with Varndenians.

Went to his funeral 2 weeks ago and it was absolutely packed, which wasn’t surprising.

Dave was a member of the Heritage Society and was responsible for arranging for a plaque to be put up on Charlie Webb’s old home in Hove several years ago.

What do we think 700 or so?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Dave was my scout leader at 30th Brighton and also took me to my first Albion away game at Bristol City on New Years Day 1980.
He was a lovely bloke and had a link with Varndenians.

Went to his funeral 2 weeks ago and it was absolutely packed, which wasn’t surprising.

Dave was a member of the Heritage Society and was responsible for arranging for a plaque to be put up on Charlie Webb’s old home in Hove several years ago.
David was my mother’s brother-in-law, as Rosemary is the sister of my late stepfather. It was a lovely service by all accounts, and a fitting way to celebrate his life. Having his wake at The Amex was a nice touch.

I loved Withdean, we did better there than we were in most of our history.
I’m just trying to think what the experience would have been like without the 4 promotions, doesn’t bear thinking about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here