Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Absolutely. Performances have slowly killed atmosphere - 5 home wins since Jan 2019. Whatever division you're in, that kind of stat is going to dampen home spirits. Most games the atmosphere has started off really decent but often dampened a lot after 15/20 mins or so because of a clear case of deja vu, whereas even a shot or two on target, for example, would've kept the mood upbeat.

Its all very well bloom saying we need to get behind the lads etc, but my point above means it become s harder for the crowd as a collective to do so as frustration kicks in when games seem to drift into the same scenario time after time for months on end, bar the odd anomaly.
Palace last week summed everything up for me in a nutshell.

Critics would say we should be extremely grateful for where we are considering our history. Which is true, of course. But at the end of the day, our win percentage/shots etc over the last few years is dire, and whether you're in the prem or league two the stats we have would seriously affect the atmosphere at the ground

There have been some stunning mistakes made this season off the pitch:
Spending £20m on a centre back that we didn’t need, which also results in last season’s player of the season losing his place and splitting up one of the best defensive partnerships outside the top 6.
Not funnelling that £20m towards a striker.
Letting Andone go after the EPL window had shut.
Loaning out Knockaert, the one player we had who is prepared to regularly try to beat a man.
Not resolving the August striker cock up in January (I still can’t believe this one).
Spending £600k to bring your own player back from loan then not playing him.
The continual attempted sanitising of the stadium fan base.

Too many off the field leadership level mistakes, so maybe that leadership should stop preaching to the ‘customers’, the last point above doesn’t really help with the atmosphere does it, can’t have it both ways Tony.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
March’s miss from an angle is repeatedly highlighted, but Maupay had a far better chance that strikers dream of, but tamely passing to their goalie.

Maupay wasn’t expecting the ball to get to him, he snatched at it, I agree he should have done better. Had he scored it would have gone down as a defensive mistake.
March was at a crucial stage when we were on top, it was probably our best move of the match too, it gave Palace a lift and had the opposite effect on us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The atmosphere was great against Spurs and CP this season for example. But last week missed straight forward chances, then the mugging, sucked the life out of the crowd.

Three deserved first half goals in that Dec 18 derby, was the “stuff of dreams” for the Amex regulars, very predictably firing the crowd.

Three seasons of very rarely winning at the Amex, has naturally led to punch drunk supporters being conditioned to failure on the pitch.

Thought it was poor last week.
Even the Tottenham game was quiet at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must confess this little pep talk does smack of desperation to me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We might have done had we scored. March’s miss was huge. I’d agree that the atmosphere at home has been poor this season but a lot of games have started well but then what’s happening on the pitch slowly kills it. They players (and manager) have a lot to do with this situation.

They do.

It’s too easy to blame the atmosphere, when basically they are failing in their job at the moment.

We clearly have good performances in us, but we lack quality in the last third, which generally has been the issue since promotion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
March’s miss from an angle is repeatedly highlighted, but Maupay had a far better chance that strikers dream of, but tamely passing to their goalie.

Yes he did. The positive remains they were both in the position, but they have to do better, Maupay in particular.

I am confident neither Murray or Knockaert would have missed those, but in the formers case, he might have been offside [emoji6]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They do.

It’s too easy to blame the atmosphere, when basically they are failing in their job at the moment.

We clearly have good performances in us, but we lack quality in the last third, which generally has been the issue since promotion.

So many missed opportunities now means fans are almost expecting us to cock up goal chances and the support is not anywhere near what it would be if we were putting the ball in the net more regularly. It’s human nature to show frustration.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So many missed opportunities now means fans are almost expecting us to cock up goal chances and the support is not anywhere near what it would be if we were putting the ball in the net more regularly. It’s human nature to show frustration.

Yes.
Bloom obviously didn’t go to The Goldstone with his uncle very much, I can remember the old West Stand piping up in a chorus of “what a load of rubbish” on a number of occasions.

Have always felt we’re a fickle bunch, as attendances at times have shown, but in reality not different to a number of clubs.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not very corporate, next thing you know the stewards will stop coming in to tell you to calm down or keep the noise down as somebody in row 1 heard a naughty word.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter is taking this club down so get use to this idea.

Thankfully i won't be around to watch more shit football from Potter in the Championship.

Dreadful manager.

Hopefully all the other ‘Potter Out’ imbeciles join you in self isolation while the real fans get behind Tony, Potter and the team, together, for the rest of the season and ensure that we survive.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hopefully all the other ‘Potter Out’ imbeciles join you in self isolation while the real fans get behind Tony, Potter and the team, together, for the rest of the season and ensure that we survive.

‘Real fans’......

Come on...... everyone is allowed an opinion.

I don’t think anyone wants us to be in this position.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maupay wasn’t expecting the ball to get to him, he snatched at it, I agree he should have done better. Had he scored it would have gone down as a defensive mistake.
March was at a crucial stage when we were on top, it was probably our best move of the match too, it gave Palace a lift and had the opposite effect on us.

I hear what your saying. But after March’s miss, we remained the superior team until they scored, imho. I am wrong?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought it was poor last week.
Even the Tottenham game was quiet at times.

Where do you sit? I’m in NS near the police box. The Spurs game was special, we went home with hoarse throats, the spells not singing, because we were roaring on brilliant attacks or our tackling bringing Spurs to a defeated standstill. Last week was very good, especially once villain Zaha clashed with Schelotto. All destroyed by the powder puff incompetence (yet again at the Amex this season) leading to the critical opener.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
‘Real fans’......

Come on...... everyone is allowed an opinion.

I don’t think anyone wants us to be in this position.

Everyone is allowed an opinion of course but if you label yourself as a ‘fan’ which is short for ‘fanatical’ and implies that you are ‘fanatical about supporting your team positively’, you shouldn’t be spewing out negative shite against a Premier League Freshman manager and by implication, a club that does more for it’s fans than most clubs in this country.

My comments were pretty much directed at one poster who has taken a shot at Tony which I think is the height of ungratefulness and ignorance and highlights the ‘me, me, me Snowflake generation’ I suspect the poster is from.

Call yourself a follower, call yourself a supporter but fanatical? Give me a break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here