Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Bloom made a massive mistake appointing Potter then made an even bigger blunder by extending his contract based on absolute nothing. Always thought Bloom was clever but he got this spectacularly wrong. Potter is taking this club down so get use to this idea,

The real question is that needs answering is that Potter isn't the man to get us back up and does Bloom intend sticking with him ?

Thankfully i won't be around to watch more shit football from Potter in the Championship.

Dreadful manager.

dreadful supporter

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good stuff from Tony.

2 games and then a long break to re-assess our situation. Time to be positive .

After the break, it could be shut stadiums or postponed games, so let's really go for it v Wolves and Arsenal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Definitely agree with the atmosphere bit, there is no doubt that players up there game when the crowd are behind them but they get nervous and make mistakes when the crowd are quiet and moaning.
It's an age old argument but for the remaining games no matter how we are playing I think the fans should raise their game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloom made a massive mistake appointing Potter then made an even bigger blunder by extending his contract based on absolute nothing. Always thought Bloom was clever but he got this spectacularly wrong. Potter is taking this club down so get use to this idea,

The real question is that needs answering is that Potter isn't the man to get us back up and does Bloom intend sticking with him ?

Thankfully i won't be around to watch more shit football from Potter in the Championship.

Dreadful manager.

Yes, thankfully. Bye then.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Dreadful manager.

Always a silver lining.....support has never been a word you could grasp

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am 100% certain that this shit kills the prematch crowd noise build up as does all the other Americana we employ in the 10 mins before the game. We are quite capable of ramping up an atmosphere pre game, even if it does go flat if we then play without intent.

Apparently we’re not.
Even at The Goldstone we had set songs.

The team need to help the atmosphere and play with better tempo. Remember Palace at home last season, not sure we’ve had anything comparable atmosphere wise since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apparently we’re not.

The team need to help the atmosphere and play with better tempo. Remember Palace at home last season, not sure we’ve had anything comparable atmosphere wise since.

The atmosphere was great against Spurs and CP this season for example. But last week missed straight forward chances, then the mugging, sucked the life out of the crowd.

Three deserved first half goals in that Dec 18 derby, was the “stuff of dreams” for the Amex regulars, very predictably firing the crowd.

Three seasons of very rarely winning at the Amex, has naturally led to punch drunk supporters being conditioned to failure on the pitch.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Apparently we’re not.

We might have done had we scored. March’s miss was huge. I’d agree that the atmosphere at home has been poor this season but a lot of games have started well but then what’s happening on the pitch slowly kills it. They players (and manager) have a lot to do with this situation.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The atmosphere was great against Spurs and CP this season for example. But last week missed straight forward chances, then the mugging, sucked the life out of the crowd.

Three deserved first half goals in that Dec 18 derby, was the “stuff of dreams” for the Amex regulars, very predictably firing the crowd.

Three seasons of very rarely winning at the Amex, has naturally led to punch drunk supporters being conditioned to failure on the pitch.

Pretty obvious really, isn't it. It's the same up and down the country but people on here don't seem to realise that. We are not in any way unique in terms of atmosphere at the Amex.

Do agree about the pre match shit though. It's not quite up there with goal music, but imo ring of fire just as we kick off isn't far off and does absolutely fvck all to help the atmosphere build. Wish we'd ditch it - barely anyone bothers waving scarves anymore ffs

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We might have done had we scored. March’s miss was huge. I’d agree that the atmosphere at home has been poor this season but a lot of games have started well but then what’s happening on the pitch slowly kills it. They players (and manager) have a lot to do with this situation.

Absolutely. Performances have slowly killed atmosphere - 5 home wins since Jan 2019. Whatever division you're in, that kind of stat is going to dampen home spirits. Most games the atmosphere has started off really decent but often dampened a lot after 15/20 mins or so because of a clear case of deja vu, whereas even a shot or two on target, for example, would've kept the mood upbeat.

Its all very well bloom saying we need to get behind the lads etc, but my point above means it become s harder for the crowd as a collective to do so as frustration kicks in when games seem to drift into the same scenario time after time for months on end, bar the odd anomaly.
Palace last week summed everything up for me in a nutshell.

Critics would say we should be extremely grateful for where we are considering our history. Which is true, of course. But at the end of the day, our win percentage/shots etc over the last few years is dire, and whether you're in the prem or league two the stats we have would seriously affect the atmosphere at the ground

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty obvious really, isn't it. It's the same up and down the country but people on here don't seem to realise that. We are not in any way unique in terms of atmosphere at the Amex.

Do agree about the pre match shit though. It's not quite up there with goal music, but imo ring of fire just as we kick off isn't far off and does absolutely fvck all to help the atmosphere build. Wish we'd ditch it - barely anyone bothers waving scarves anymore ffs

Agreed. As time’s gone on, I find it cringeworthy. Manufactured, in the same way that Chelsea and Arsenal have volunteers waving giant club-made flags at each end.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

March’s miss from an angle is repeatedly highlighted, but Maupay had a far better chance that strikers dream of, but tamely passing to their goalie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here