Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5/1 for Southampton to be relegated - value?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I wonder if we've put in a cheeky bid? If he wants to leave Southampton this summer, maybe they'll want to bank a fee for him? Personally, I think last season he was the missing piece for us and we'd have been top 10 if he'd been playing for us (and Sanchez had started playing sooner).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What is going on at Southampton?

Ings, Bertrand gone

JWP/Vestergaard close to leaving

Minamino loan finished

They have replaced those with a couple of U23s on loan from Chelsea and a Striker from Blackburn

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now 7/2 to go down - def worth a go that if you’re a betting person.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Southampton should be fine, they have a very good manager, and Armstrong should score enough goals to keep them safe from the drop.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Ings, Bertrand gone

Minamino loan finished

They have replaced those with a couple of U23s on loan from Chelsea and a Striker from Blackburn

I wouldnt rule out striker doing well. After all Brentford got Watkins and present striker from Div 1 Doesnt have to do much to achieve more than Locadia, Alli and Andone put together.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Ings, Bertrand gone

Minamino loan finished

I can't see them selling JWP this summer. Didn't Villa offer £25 million, he's worth a lot more than that.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I honestly don't think they do.

Very strange side as they have imploded on more than one occasion and got absolutely spanked. You don't see that very often so makes me wonder about the mental side of their team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very strange side as they have imploded on more than one occasion and got absolutely spanked. You don't see that very often so makes me wonder about the mental side of their team.

They had a great start last season but have been the worst team in the EPL this calendar year. Why on earth they are selling their best players to non big-six sides is beyond me. Yes they’ve captured a lot of Chelsea youth this window but kids can’t keep you up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Their manager said they were going for top 10 today. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Despite 40 points I would not be 100% comfortable if I was a Southampton fan looking at the league table.

I agree. Although it’s hard to see Leeds getting one more win let alone two and you could say the same for a Burnley. The advantage Southampton have got is that two teams need to produce the goods to overturn them not just one. I doubt both will, and I wouldn’t be surprised if neither did.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think Burnley will get another point this season, just a question of whether Leeds can get the 1 point to overtake them :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I agree. Although it’s hard to see Leeds getting one more win let alone two and you could say the same for a Burnley. The advantage Southampton have got is that two teams need to produce the goods to overturn them not just one. I doubt both will, and I wouldn’t be surprised if neither did.

Leeds vastly inferior goal difference means they need at least 7 points from their last 3 games to finish above Southampton. It’s not going to happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think Burnley will get another point this season, just a question of whether Leeds can get the 1 point to overtake them :shrug:

You never know at this level... one day a team could look like they would score never mind take a point again and then before you know it, they beat Manchester United with 4-0.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Does that mean Not fit for League 1 Ashley Barnes Return to the scene Might mean DIRTY could get relegated If he notches a couple 🤔

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Latest

A34ABD14-4DFC-4026-A7CF-6BC87085CB8D.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here