Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test South Africa v England

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is so crazy I wonder if they should investigate for match fixing?

England doing their best to level the series?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
SA looking favourites now. The decision to declare with three and bit days left looking poor now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If England can bat for another 15 overs and set about 170, it'll be a really exciting last 30 overs!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just want to check... I have our position here as " F@@@@d"... How many more wickets before our position becomes " Royally F@@@@d "?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
SA looking favourites now. The decision to declare with three and bit days left looking poor now.

Do behave, declaring on 629 was leaving it late, and probably only got to that to allow Bairstow and Stokes reach milestones. If you only declared in fear you might get skittled out for 150 in the 2nd innings, then you'd be the most cautious negative side to have ever played the game. Had we not dropped 10 catches, we wouldn't be here now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just want to check... I have our position here as " F@@@@d"... How many more wickets before our position becomes " Royally F@@@@d "?
England are 129 ahead now with, I think, about 40 overs left to play with change of innings accounted for. Even if they were skittled in the next 3-4 overs, it'd still be a very nervy total for SA to chase on a 5th day pitch that's clearly starting to do stuff.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just thought I would check on the score as we move to the obvious draw.... Ummm

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Went into a meeting still thinking it was going to be a draw, now not so sure.

If the pitch has fallen apart this much and the conditions for swing are there could Broad/Anderson still get us an unlikely win?!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No way :nono:

Elgar thinks he has got Bairstow stumped... :nono:

147-7 or is it... review very slooooow... can the 3rd umpire give it based on that ??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Hardly. Could still feasibly win from this position.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Do they play till 4 our time or complete the number of overs for the day?

Good time wasting if till 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here