Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2nd Test South Africa v England

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anderson just bowled a ball that beat Amla's outside edge.

Almost like a wicket.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Have to wait for 444-4 now......about an hour after lunch tomorrow at this rate. That will include 2 drop catches.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Oh my goodness, this has got exceedingly tedious. (Granted I am only following online so it may be a cracker to watch)

In the days of old a team could have gone for this the pitch is clearly playing well and it wouldn't be impossible to post a 500+ in reply. Then if you were able to skittle the opposition you could set yourself a 200 or so chase for the final day. I can't see anything other than a two and a bit innings draw unless we get itno bat at tea tomorrow and set up the chase by declaring on zero or a low score

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yawn !

Amla as scored THREE runs in the last hour.
When you get to 150 you kinda expect to be able to read all the bowling, the wicket, the ball, and score at will - rather like Stokes yesterday.

Dreadful, dreary cricket, gives the test format a bad name ....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
On a serious note a wicket or more in the last half hour would be nice. They are still 286 behind.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Groundsman in trouble?
Accept it can sometimes be difficult to make a 5-day pitch that offers something to both bat and ball.
But 2 run outs and just 7 bowler wickets in 250 overs [almost 3 full days play] says this is not a fair balance.
Poor advert for test cricket.

Newlands Groundsman OUT !

Or, bring back the timeless test ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What sort of name is "Faf", anyway? His real name is François, I'm struggling to work out where Faf comes in. They do like an unusual name down there, don't they?

I have found a nice South African now. Faf is indeed a common shortening of Francois, ala Robert and Bob. There are 2 other variations: Fafa and Fawa. So now we know.

Fancy calling someone Fafa. They clearly could not be trusted to get anything done in a timely manner.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stumps on Day 3

South Africa 353-3 (130 overs), trailing by 276

Amla 157* (371 balls), du Plessis 51* (115 balls)

Just 87 overs, 212 runs and 1 wicket in the day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amla brings up his 11 hour double-hundred. (SA 428/3)

He's got a way to go yet to catch the lad in India yesterday, who became the first player to score a THOUSAND (1009* from 323 balls!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here