Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ZOMBIES - should they be able to RUN ?

RUNNING ZOMBIES - yay or nay ?

• NO - Barnets right. Don't mess with the formula. Everyone knows zombies are SLOW, so just shut it Ea

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • YES - I agree with Easy. Running zombies are WELL scarey, and it brings a new edge to a tired old fo

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Off the back of that Shaun of the Dead thread (ooh, that rhymed), I have found myself embroiled in an unseemly argument with Barnet Seagull over whether zombies should RUN or not.

Barnet holds the view that its just wrong for zombies to run, and that films with zombies should depict them as plodding, slow, cabbage-brained deadheads who just lumber about with their arms stretched out going "uuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr" (rather like customers at the burger bar behind the Holmesdale End).

I however think that zombies are infinately more terrifying if they can do the hundred metres in 9.6 seconds flat, and pursue you for your succulent warm flesh with blind rage, obsessive hunger and frightening speed.

The only way to resolve this difference of opinion is by a poll, so thats what I've done.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Zombies shouldn't run. Anything zombie-like that runs, should have a different name.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I have to admit.. I wasn't to hot on the idea of seeing a spritely Zombie, but after seeing 28 Days Later in the cinema, I'm all for them.. Oh and the new Dawn of the Dead is superb on a level par with the original.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Run...maybe not as fast as Easy has described but run they should.
When they shuffle at you at 1metre per minute it leaves you bored and expecting what will happen...plus it gioves you ages to reload your weapon and or take umpteen amount of hits to their head.
When they run at you then the time it takes to reload could mean life or death, car chases are great in films....you dont see a lada & skoda going it at it do you....both stuck in 1st gear...BORING and predictable.....same as slow shuffling zombies!

Viva La Revolution!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If they can sprint, we'd all be dead in a matter of moments, making any film on the subject lasting about 18 minutes.

Just as with Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers, it's the fact that they are unstoppable brain-devouring cadavers raked up from hell that is scary. Creatures of unquestionable habit.
Maybe if Carl Lewis died and came back from the dead, i'd accept it. But to see a zombie who is just a face and a spine hare-arseing it down the road is just not right.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
problem with zombies I've always thought is that they are sooooo tall that even with their stumbling gait, one step of theirs is like 2 running steps of mine - so even though they are seemingly plodding steps - they will always keep up with me and I'll be zombie fodder.....oh the nightmares!! :nono:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I reckon zombies should be able to run, cos they are just corpses that have been brought back to life aren't they?

So the zombie of Linford Christie would be really fast, but the Peter Kay zombie would be a fat, sweating mass of the kind that drags its feet and goes "uuuurrrr".

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Thats the scary thing about zombies. They only look like they're moving slowly. And however fast you run, they'll always catch up.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"I like them moving fast. Maybe it’s a generational thing. Maybe these are the new zombies of the MTV generation. In some ways, I feel like the Anne Rice fan who welcomed in the new breed of vampires after years of Count Dracula rip-offs.

Now, this doesn’t mean that every movie with fast-moving zombies is good. The vomitous “House of the Dead” proved that wrong when it stunk up the joint last year. But I will say that giving the zombies more energy is a step in the right direction."

- some film reviwer person

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm not against fast moving scary undead motherfuckers per se. I just don't want to see them being referred to as Zombies.

Cause they're not.

End of.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I'm not against fast moving scary undead motherfuckers per se. I just don't want to see them being referred to as Zombies.

Cause they're not.

End of.

Zombie does'nt mean "to be slow" in anyway, its just a name for the undead....slow or fast!

5 entries found for zombie.
zom·bie also zom·bi ( P ) Pronunciation Key (zmb)
n. pl. zom·bies, also zom·bis
1. A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States.
2. A supernatural power or spell that according to voodoo belief can enter into and reanimate a corpse.
3. A corpse revived in this way.
4. One who looks or behaves like an automaton.
5. A tall mixed drink made of various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

might have to give number 5 a try :):drink:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They're allowed to run fast so long as they've still got their arms outstretched in front of them. Fact.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In my view, fast Zombie's are simply UNACCEPTABLE. Barntit is absolutely right, Zombie's should be slow, lumbering and mindless. Anything else is simply CHEATING.

If a Zombie does need to get about sharpish, then there is only one acceptable solution - Crabtree's off road electric wheelchair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't we have that once with Phil Stant, Lord B ?

Naah, I'd much prefer a fast zombie up front for us. All defenders HATE pace, and if there's a chance that our zombie striker might turn them and eat their brain as well, then so much the better.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
All defenders HATE pace, and if there's a chance that our zombie striker might turn them and eat their brain as well, then so much the better.
Didn't that zombie, Norman Whiteside get yellow carded for something like that in the 83 cup final?

My mistake - he got away with it scot free.

Sorry Easy, carry on.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:

If a Zombie does need to get about sharpish, then there is only one acceptable solution - Crabtree's off road electric wheelchair.
:lolol:

we appear to have alot of "Disco Stus" about the place, if you watch the Simpsons you'll know what i mean ;)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
CrabtreeBHA said:
Zombie does'nt mean "to be slow" in anyway, its just a name for the undead....slow or fast!

Yeah, but the word zombie even sounds slow.

Maybe fast ones should be called ZOOMbies?

erm...

or maybe not.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
lol....zoombies....that would rule :lolol:

"Look out!.....over there.....its a zoombie!"

"a what?"

"A Zoombie....they move fast!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here