Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zombie films anyone?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some of my faves.

Wild Zero - Japanese Zombie film with Japaense garage punk rock band Guitar Wolf and crew taking on the zombies. Also has a zombie love story.
Dead & Breakfast - Zombie horror/comedy with a singing narrator all through the film at intervals.
Undead - Aussie zombie film with a twist

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
the second series of the walking dead starts in october i think

Enjoyed series one which marked something of a return to the Zombie genre for me (having been a Romero fan in my teens). Because of this, I rather embarrassingly found myself having nightmares on going to bed after watching each episode.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Siege of the dead, originally called Rammbock: Berlin Undead but renamed for the UK release

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The Walking Dead comic book series (on which the TV series is based) is well worth getting hold of. I've also recently downloaded an audio play in podcast format called We're Alive, haven't listened to it yet but it comes highly recommended by a lot of people whose opinions I respect (and still has a 5-star user rating on iTunes after 70-something episodes, which is pretty impressive when you think about it). Lastly, the two Left 4 Dead games are a must-have if you have a mate or three to play with.

Ok, none of the above are films, but as an all-round Zombie fan I thought someone might be interested!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have found a lot of Zombie films are really poor and disappointing tbh - and the worst of the lot is probably the Zombie Diaries

However if you were to extend this to include films along the lines of a deadly Virus / plague and/or a battle for survival then i would recommend :
Doomsday
the Resident Evil films
28 days / 28 weeks later
Reign of fire

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I enjoyed The Crazies remake. Though they're not zombies in the strictest sense.

I did some zombie extra work on 28 Weeks Later, I really must youtube the stuff I videoed...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Enjoyed series one which marked something of a return to the Zombie genre for me (having been a Romero fan in my teens). Because of this, I rather embarrassingly found myself having nightmares on going to bed after watching each episode.

A proper fan! :lol:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yea zombieland is amazing, woody harrason or however you spell his name well and truly makes the film

I think with the walking Zombie and the running zombie, the natural progression with Hollywood, that was a must, back in the day when these films were starting to get made, people accepted it because it was a new thing

If I zombie film was released now and they just wandered around like they used to. People would be pissed ask for their money back

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have found a lot of Zombie films are really poor and disappointing tbh - and the worst of the lot is probably the Zombie Diaries

However if you were to extend this to include films along the lines of a deadly Virus / plague and/or a battle for survival then i would recommend :
Doomsday
the Resident Evil films
28 days / 28 weeks later
Reign of fire

Not a fan of Reign of Fire the ones above them though are enjoyable...Slightly off the track even more is Children of Men...Really enjoyed that one.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
how about stakeland. its not zombies but end of the world , plague stuff. and the road is brilliant , again very bleak end of the world plague stuff with the addedbonus of cannibals ..... lovely

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
'They Live' by John Carpenter is a quirky one, but worth a look...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here