Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zombie films anyone?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Absolutly love zombie movies . Had my first turtle head watching Hammer's Plague of the Zombies one saturday night on the beeb when I was about 12. I have yet to see The Horde , but will def get that one.

I definatly think the running zombies have bought the tension levels back . It was becoming way to easy to duck and dive between them a whack every second one with a shovel. Bit like the scariest aliens in the universe , the Daleks , being defeated by Jon Pertwee by throwing his coat over their eye and pushing them in a puddle.
Now they can fly and spin about in mid air whilst firing. Much more effective.

My fave Zombie movie still has to be the original Night of the Living Dead and I always clung onto my uncut VHS copy of Dawn of the Dead prior to the video nasty craze of cutting all the gore from this type of film. Luckily now it's restored on DVD.
Love the remake. Gave me a definate chill , and like Dead Snow a lot. Thought that beat Outpost hands down.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Forgot about a Japanese film called Versus
Time travel , medievel samurais , 20th century gangsters , and zombies . Might even be jap vampires in it as well . Long time since I watched that little gem.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The Walking Dead comic book series (on which the TV series is based) is well worth getting hold of. I've also recently downloaded an audio play in podcast format called We're Alive, haven't listened to it yet but it comes highly recommended by a lot of people whose opinions I respect (and still has a 5-star user rating on iTunes after 70-something episodes, which is pretty impressive when you think about it). Lastly, the two Left 4 Dead games are a must-have if you have a mate or three to play with.

Ok, none of the above are films, but as an all-round Zombie fan I thought someone might be interested!

I've heard good things about we're alive too. Saw they have a 5 star rating on I tunes store and loaded them up but I've not listened to them yet.
I played red dead redemption zombie add on round a mates and that was good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here