Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How the hell does Connolly get away with it? I would much rather have Zeqiri representing us. Surely we’ve seen enough of Connolly to know he just won’t make the grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both good talents who may become very good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How the hell does Connolly get away with it? I would much rather have Zeqiri representing us. Surely we’ve seen enough of Connolly to know he just won’t make the grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The risk of Connolly out on a loan is too high. He's being kept in house as a bad loan would do more harm than good.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No we haven't. The need for him to start scoring goals regularly and in large numbers is so obviously pressing, and I can't see that happening without him dropping a couple of levels on loan to come back stronger - I can't ever recall a player more in need of a loan than Connolly, and I'm amazed and disappointed that he hasn't already scored two or three this season for Port Vale or Carlisle or Ipswich, wherever. Somehow, the club don't seem to see it that way.

The risk of Connolly out on a loan is too high. He's being kept in house as a bad loan would do more harm than good.
That's the first plausible reason I've seen put forward, TBH, so a :thumbsup: for that.
If that is the case, though, it's a worry for the future - as at some point he'd surely have to pass our no dickheads policy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But in the end his contract will run down and he’ll end up in League 1 or at Shamrock Rovers, ruing what could have been with a little application and professionalism.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It simply must mean we have a striker coming in! Otherwise the next questions after showing your Covid pass on the gate will be can you play up front and do you have your boots with you?

No I can't and yes I do have them.....

"That's good enough, you're in"

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But in the end his contract will run down and he’ll end up in League 1 or at Shamrock Rovers, ruing what could have been with a little application and professionalism.

I agree - but nobody seems to have got that message through to him yet. I know it's easy to say with hindsight that he should have gone on loan two years ago, if not then, in January 2020, and if not then, one year ago ............... but he should. Whether he liked it or not (apparantly he was very opposed to a loan two years ago). I really want him to turn into the striker he was in PL2 - but much as I have criticised those crying for a loan to get rid, or just getting rid full stop, even I am beginning to lose both faith and patience.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can see Zeqiri benefiting and relishing a loan, and I can see him coming back stronger full of determination to prove himself in the first team squad.
I cannot say with any confidence that Aaron would feel the same, I would imagine he would take that as a slight on himself by us, I am fast losing my faith in his ability and determination to actually make it. I really hope he knuckles down, has a long chat with Duffy and comes good, but I’m not holding my breath.

Surely we can’t just rely on Wellbeck, Aaron & Neil to lead the line….
Another 1st team alternative must be incoming

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Surely this must mean someone is incoming as we can't just be relying on Maupay and Welbeck? Not including Connolly as he's not even close to being a striker.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just as supporters have taken to him he is off. Even harder to understand why loan doesnt end in January

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Troy Deeney off to Birmingham city on loan.

Good old fashioned centre forward…could have done a job if we haven’t got any fit strikers left

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forgetting if its the right thing for us, it's a brilliant loan move for him if he gets the chance to start games as a number 9 in the bundesliga. Imagine if he bagged 15 or so.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Forgetting if its the right thing for us, it's a brilliant loan move for him if he gets the chance to start games as a number 9 in the bundesliga. Imagine if he bagged 15 or so.

I think it’s quite impressive he’s got a loan to the Bundesliga. Potentially a good move all round. But only if we have a better (or at least more ‘ready’) option coming in. Otherwise I think we need him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Stupidity at it's best.
I am not surprised really, as we do this sort of thing.
You can kid yourself that soneone must be coming, but seeing is believing to me.
AC should have been loaned out if anyone, regardless if he likes it ir not, who gives the orders ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here