Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora -

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Poyet has to want him, of course, even if he were available and even if we could afford him. And Poyet was not around during the Zamora-Albion era, and is in any case a professional, so would view any potential move for any player, even BZ, entirely dispassionately. He won't bring him back just because of who he is to this club, even if everything else is in place.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see him run out at the Amex in a Brighton shirt, of course, but there's so much water to pass under the bridge before it happens that, frankly, I just can't see it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thought of taking my 6 year old boy to see Bobby back at the Albion is incredible. The longer QPR stay bottom and we stay top of the attendance averages the more tantalising this gets.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Poyet has never even heard of Zamora FFS! Why must we permanently obsess about our bygone players? Do Palace fans endlessly obsess about AJ or Ambrose returning?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant find what date Gus stopped playing for Spurs in 2004 but BZ joined them in April 2004. They may have been together for a short time as players at Spurs in 2004, not sure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Poyet has never even heard of Zamora FFS! Why must we permanently obsess about our bygone players? Do Palace fans endlessly obsess about AJ or Ambrose returning?

Because he is EXACTLY the sort of player we need right now, the final piece in the jigsaw.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So a player is on a reported 50-60k a week with QPR and we couldnt afford Murrays demands. Do you really think QPR will effectively pay him to play for someone else??

Now Ivwould LOVE him back but it aint gonna happen.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We were talking to QPR in the last transfer window regarding a certain Mr. Zamora. Word is that he and Hughes do not get on and BZ has ASKED for a transfer on loan PREFERABLY to BHA but PROBABLY not due to wage limitations.

We were very close to a deal last time round but it fell through.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Barry Manilow impersonator at Butlins, Minehead. Jeff Minton's appearing as an Ewok in Star Wars 7.

Darn it. I was hoping to see jeff in the west end as an umpa lumpa when Charlie and chocolate factory is released.

I loved Minton. He was a decent player.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Never go back. It would concern me that when he left he was a fresh faced, promising youngster about to hit the big time, where as if he came back he would be an ageing Premier League player on his way down. Would he still give everything for the cause? Or would he strut around and be a billy big bollocks and not do very much, like a lot of these players do in this situation?

That said, I think it would be worth the gamble. Vicente must be on getting on for half of BZ's wages, lose him in January and it wont be such a big outgoing. Although that's a total guess, I have no idea how much BZ is on at QPR.

So get him in, Tony.

Never go back......so go get him.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
If he came back in January imagine the roar from the crown as he makes his Amex debut! omg, spine tingling, i dont think i would miss a single game home or away for the rest of the season!!

too good to be true though surely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here