Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora -

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z

The way he has been playing lately for QPR, he is not good enough for the Albion. But there is no harm having a bench of Lualua, Zamora, Vicente, Dobbie, Owen :lolol: just in case the B team can't score: i.e. Bridders, Buckley, Bridge and Barnes.

In a lot of respects, Becchio might be a better bet?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Want it to happen, don't think it will

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Never go back. It would concern me that when he left he was a fresh faced, promising youngster about to hit the big time, where as if he came back he would be an ageing Premier League player on his way down. Would he still give everything for the cause? Or would he strut around and be a billy big bollocks and not do very much, like a lot of these players do in this situation?

That said, I think it would be worth the gamble. Vicente must be on getting on for half of BZ's wages, lose him in January and it wont be such a big outgoing. Although that's a total guess, I have no idea how much BZ is on at QPR.

So get him in, Tony.

Oct 12, 2012
The way he has been playing lately for QPR, he is not good enough for the Albion. But there is no harm having a bench of Lualua, Zamora, Vicente, Dobbie, Owen :lolol: just in case the B team can't score: i.e. Bridders, Buckley, Bridge and Barnes.

In a lot of respects, Becchio might be a better bet?

Not good enough for the Albion hahahahahahah, Another deluded so and so with tinted Albion specs on

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
... he would be an ageing Premier League player on his way down. Would he still give everything for the cause? Or would he strut around and be a billy big bollocks and not do very much, like a lot of these players do in this situation?

Like Wayne Bridge?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
That would be our Bobby that a couple of my QPR supporting mates would happily drive down here because "he slows everything down and never shoots".

It might actually be great for BZ to help him get his mojo back. But Tony Fernandes will have to stump up 90% of the wages

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Paying 90% of someone's wages is better than paying 100% of them, if he is surplus to requirements.. Think we need to shift a few off the wage bill first, maybe Sparrow/Vincelot and possibly Harley(please god) between them would be enough to pay a decent percentage of Bobby's wages.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone expect Hughes to last long enough that Bobby's situation will be the same in Jan?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's got to the point of Brighton's ascendancy and Bobby's age/prospects/circumstances that a loan move to us is pretty feasible.

Outside of Sussex, it wouldn't be particularly big news if it happened - don't know why some people think it's so implausible.

Having said that, there are a million things that can complicate any kind of deal so who knows what will happen.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Would be a good signing if we could get him on a bridge-style deal, i.e., QPR pay 90% of his wages :cool:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Unless QPR spend massively again in Jan (Not impossible I guess?) I cannot see how they could let him go. They have Cisse, and who to play as a CF if he leaves. Johnson is out for the season and Mackie is not a CF. They would have to buy first.

Then you would have to look at who else might be interested who would be prepared to pay more of his wages.

Would love to see it happen as I think the BZ of 2012 is exactly the player that we need, strong in the air, mobile, can play with his back to goal and still capable of scoring and running channels too, but sorry I just cannot see this happening, even if the club would like it too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here