Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora off to Hull

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
press speculation that Albion legend is wanted by Hull. How about a big offer from the Albion and bring him back to the Withdean. Not likely but never say never.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
never really got going last season even though he played alot of games, seems to be turning into a bit of a journeyman. Still a move to Hull would still be good for him I reckon

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was in the NOW this morning. I can't see him moving that far North to be honest.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It was in the NOW this morning. I can't see him moving that far North to be honest.

Exactly, and who would you rather work for?

Phil "bollock the players on the pitch" Brown, or Roy Hodgson, who turned Fulham from nobodies under Sanchez to 7th this time around.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Exactly, and who would you rather work for?

Phil "bollock the players on the pitch" Brown, or Roy Hodgson, who turned Fulham from nobodies under Sanchez to 7th this time around.

it might not be Zamoras choice though, Hodgson obviously tried with him and IMO he pretty much failed last season as he did'nt score much if ever! Hull lost out on Owen so you can see why they'd want Bobby, similar to Owen....kinda!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I still genuinely believe that at some point of bobbys career he will once again don the stripes of blue and white,perhaps just for 1 season but i think it will happen.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
it might not be Zamoras choice though, Hodgson obviously tried with him and IMO he pretty much failed last season as he did'nt score much if ever! Hull lost out on Owen so you can see why they'd want Bobby, similar to Owen....kinda!

But while he didn't score much, Hodgson always praised how well he was working for the team and he must have rated him to keep picking him.

I agree he barely scored at all, but the fact he was a regular starter in a side that finished 7th shows that perhaps he was contributing something else other than goals.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah good points there, maybe Hull have made an offer Fulham cant refuse? obvious they are after a goal poacher and they'll get that with Bobby and he was hard working all last season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he might not have scored many but provided alot of assists ties up the defense and works hard. I have thought Hodgson would want to give it another season and its not in Zamora's interests to move again to what has to be a club that will struggle.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still genuinely believe that at some point of bobbys career he will once again don the stripes of blue and white,perhaps just for 1 season but i think it will happen.

I think so too.

I'd love to see him playing for us at Falmer, even if only for one season as you say.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
For someone like Bobby, we're unlikely to afford the fee he would command at this point in his career. That said though, as mentioned above he's becoming a kind of journeyman player now and unlikely to figure in a team challenging for any major honours so why not take a punt on coming back here and spearheading us onto Falmer for the rest of his career. The guy surely has plenty of cash so that aslong as we can give him a decent wedge his lifestyle not going to be affected that much. I guess that would depend a lot on how much he loved his time here and the location.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the goal he scored against halifax at withdean was my fav up until i saw one similar he scored for west ham,he was and i belive still is a top quality forward that would make most if not all prem starting line ups when played as a out and out center forward not as a winger as he seems to be playing of late.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm sorry, but I don't think Zamora is a premiership player. At least not anymore. I'm a great admirer of the chap for what he done here, but his record in the premiership over the past few seasons has been woeful.

If he can get another contract at a premiership club, good on him. But if he wants to be scoring regularly, and getting back to his prime, he should drop down a level.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
the goal he scored against halifax at withdean was my fav up until i saw one similar he scored for west ham,he was and i belive still is a top quality forward that would make most if not all prem starting line ups when played as a out and out center forward not as a winger as he seems to be playing of late.
Is that the one in the play-offs at Ipswich?

YouTube - Bobby Zamora Goal

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Sorry meant halifax

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here