Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora not to popular

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
West Ham fans expected/wanted auto promotion straight back to the Prem with no problems, trouble is they aint that good in reality and are looking for a scapegoat to point the blame at. Unfortunatley they lost the greedy selfish little runt Defoe and got BZ who never had a chance at Spurs...so its him they attack!

4 in 11 and too bad, not sure what his performances have been like though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wilko said:
Does anyone get the feeling bobby will pull on an albion shirt again one day ?

I don't think we have seen the last of him :)

He'll not be back with us.

Sadly I think this is a case of a player moving before they were ready. His agent and Glenda Hoddle may have wrecked an otherwise promising career.

He could end up with Micky though...clearly his value is dropping and maybe Leicester will make a move for him in the summer? That would be the best move for him. Go somewhere where the manager knows him, knows how to handle him and would play him regularly.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I think the reaction of those Hammers fans, which I'm not sure is indicative of the majority, is typical of the arrogance that The Premiership has created. Having been relegated they think they've got a God given right to return to The Premiership, being a big club and all, and just don't think Bobby's good enough for them. They want the moon on a stick. Nationwide football's an embarassment in their eyes. Can you imagine a club, like ours, who've spent the majority of their recent history in the lower leagues treating a hometown boy like that? I can't. Especially after he's shown such obvious passion for 'their' club. Wankers. They don't deserve him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
4 goals in 11 games works out at a ratio of about 16 goals per season. Not great, but not bad. If their other strikers chipped in with the same, they wouldn't moan.

London fans are cursed with an arrogant attitude. When we were there on NFD, they were on the team's back in no time. The EXPECT every game to be won. If they went up via the Play-Offs this season, they can expect probably the worst showing of any side next season since the Premiership started. They have an under-performing midfield, and an hilarious defence. Any back four that includes Christian Dailly or Thomas Repka has got to be suspect. Unfortunately for West Ham - they have both.

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
:clap2: Totally agree with Bwian...as much as I would like Bobby and Leon as a strike partnershipat the Albion, I think Sir Micky will make a move for him,funds permitting,whether Leicester stay up or not. Phaedrus also makes a good point. BZ is well known for having Hammers loyalties and yet they choose to slate him after a few games...ungrateful muppets. 4 in 11 when you've had a shite time isn't too bad at all...
BZ will always be an Albion legend.:bowdown:

bobbyzee

Feb 17, 2004
Division 1
Of course...I am a little bias....:lolol:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised to see Coppell try for Zamora, either - particularly if Leicester go down, he'd reckon he might get him. I'd much rather Bobby went to play for Micky, naturally; in fact, I'd rather he went anywhere (except Palarse) than to Coppell...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
how great it would be 2 av bobby back again!! unfortunatley i can't see it

ALB 10N

Dec 7, 2003
Met Bobby when we were out in Brighton on Saturday, he was out with Jonesy and a few others in a bar with a funny name just up the road from Quad. Me and my mate were chatting to him and ( fair enough he may have jsut said it to get rid of us but) he was saying how much he'd love to play for the Albion again when his contract runs out in 3 years!

:clap2:

I can just imagine it now, first game at Falmer in 2007/8/9/whenever it finally gets built in Div 1 against Palarse with Bobby Z in our starting line up!

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
His agent and Glenda Hoddle may have wrecked an otherwise promising career.
[/B]

Yeah, what a bastard - callously showing faith in him by buying him like that, putting him in a Premiership starting-11 and then entirely self-indulgently getting himself sacked. Yet obviously still exerting mind control over his great mate Pleat to then discard the boy. Zamora should sue Hoddle for every penny.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We could help them out and take him back off their hands,might be ok with us.Can this Zamora bloke play ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bobby is welcome back home anytime - come back Bobby you know where it is best

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
The guy who started that very sad thread must be on a wind-up, surely.

How else can you explain his use of the three words "Super Tomas Repka"?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
SussexSpur said:
Yeah, what a bastard - callously showing faith in him by buying him like that, putting him in a Premiership starting-11 and then entirely self-indulgently getting himself sacked. Yet obviously still exerting mind control over his great mate Pleat to then discard the boy. Zamora should sue Hoddle for every penny.

You have completely missed the point.

He was not ready for the Premiershit. He was reasonably happy at Brighton. Glenda and his agent unsettled him for a whole f***ing season with their promises-so much so that he stopped trying for us for the last couple of months when we needed him at his best.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Never go back" is the mantra, and even if Falmer was built tomorrow he wouldn't be coming back here. Good luck to him, but he's Albion history and will/should remain so.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Bwian said:
You have completely missed the point.

He was not ready for the Premiershit. He was reasonably happy at Brighton. Glenda and his agent unsettled him for a whole f***ing season with their promises-so much so that he stopped trying for us for the last couple of months when we needed him at his best.

I was very supportive of Zamora while he was at Spurs, desperately wanted him to do well and was disappointed when he was let go. And still hope he does well at West Ham and reckon those sad Spammers already turning on him are being stupidly fickle.

But. . . my earlier post's point was an instinctive reaction to what seemed a glib bit of Hoddle-bashing which sadly seems to happen so easily whenever Glenn's name gets mentioned, well, anywhere (though I'm probably biased, since he was my footballing idol as a kid and responsible for some of the most pleasurable football I've ever seen).
Not ready for the Premiershit? Well, he'd been linked fairly consistently over the past few years with not just Spurs but several other top flight clubs including Everton, Birmingham, Fulham, etc, so a departure seemed inevitably on the cards and how can you honestly blame either Bobby, his representatives or his wooers for thinking/hoping he might make benefit from making the grade sooner rather than later? Some lower league strikers haven't, sure - but some have.
Once we'd signed Postiga and Kanoute as well, to go with Keano, it seemed fairly clear that Bobby was being given a good chance to sign for a big Premiership club yet would be developed with a longer-term approach. Sadly, the inevitable Spurs injury problems - and similar bedding-in difficulties with Postiga - meant he was thrown in sooner rather than later - and a difficult, uncertain start to the season for the club only added to any pressure.
And even more unfortunately, a change of manager - which can do for many players - in this case, did for Bobby.
Sorry, am really rambling on here, but just wanted to emphasise that I don't think Hoddle's Spurs (or Bobby himself) should be blamed at all for what went wrong at White Hart Lane for him.
Of course, he could have left Albion last summer for a First Division team and now been in the, er, First Division.
Or kicked his heels, increasingly frustrated sadly perhaps, at Second Division Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
what a bunch of cockney twats

see my post under anon - Come back to where ur appreciated bobby

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
how many times did you see him play for sppurs or have seen him play for west ham?

highlights dont count im guessing none so how can you judge if he is playing well for another club he was poor at spurs and he was given a chance he played about 20 games and also strarted about 6 and did nothing defoe is a better player than him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here