Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora "I want to return to Brighton at some point"

First game at Falmerin the Championship, would you like to see Zamora up front?

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Its a bit like a girlfriend you once loved leaving you and going off to get f***ed all ways up by a load of people you hate who then comes crawling back when her beauty is fading and her boobs are all saggy and expecting you to throw back the old duvet for her.

Her: "But I always loved you, even when Danny Murphy and me were giving it 6-nil"

You: "Yes my darling, I will overlook the fact that your fanny has gone all saggy and you obviously think I am not as good looking as Berbatov or Tevez..but I love you...smooooocch.."

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's easy to say Zamora hasn't really made it or is not a natural scorer. I feel he has developed as a player and realised that it isn't as easy to score in the top level and has adapted his game accordingly to play to his strengths using his agility and quick thinking to lay off and become more noted as a supplier.

Zamora back at Brighton in 1 -3 years yes any more NO!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've been thinking about this kind of thing recently as Paul Scholes is clearly coming to the end of his career at United and has always stated that he wants to play for Oldham before he retires.

The money in football has really changed the careers of the top players. When I was a lad I got to see players like Frank Stapleton, Dennis Mortimer, Justin Fashanu, Ray Corrigan, Frank Worthington, Liam Brady and Doug Rougvie play for us - all of them were once huge stars but they still needed one last pay cheque. Can you imagine former top premiership stars coming to us now? Will we even see the likes of Simon Morgan again? I think not, which is a shame as or defence could really do with someone like him.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Funnily enough, the guy that runs the Danish Sausage place on Dukes Street is a good friend of Bob's, had a chat with him after the Southend game....he also hinted that sir Zamora would love to end his playing career with Albion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all of them were once huge stars but they still needed one last pay cheque. Can you imagine former top premiership stars coming to us now? Will we even see the likes of Simon Morgan again? I think not, which is a shame as or defence could really do with someone like him.

then there are those that just want to play. maybe League 1 is pushing it, but certainly in the Championship. and how about Dean Windass and Nick Barmby ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
don't forget dan webb, another who's talents were never fully appreciated or revealed!

would we like bobby back? one of the all time greatest albion forwards, a man who scored goals for FUN and almost single-handedly won us back to back league titles (its okay to admit it). he'll be just 31 for the first match at falmer - i can't think of anyone better to score the first ever goal at falmer more than king bobby z

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Having read these comments i am absolutely gobsmacked and appalled to be quite frank. 70 odd goals in three seasons and people are saying he was overated. He even banged in 14 goals in the championship despite being injured for a number of months and playing for a side that for the large part of the season were getting murdered every week. Rest assured at 30 years old Zamora would bang in 20+ goals in our division. For christ sake hes had 5 seasons playing in the best league in the world and people claim he wont be the same player. Forsters still banging them in at 35 so if he can do it without a shadow of a doubt Zamora can..theres no argument

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Having read these comments i am absolutely gobsmacked and appalled to be quite frank. 70 odd goals in three seasons and people are saying he was overated. He even banged in 14 goals in the championship despite being injured for a number of months and playing for a side that for the large part of the season were getting murdered every week. Rest assured at 30 years old Zamora would bang in 20+ goals in our division. For christ sake hes had 5 seasons playing in the best league in the world and people claim he wont be the same player. Forsters still banging them in at 35 so if he can do it without a shadow of a doubt Zamora can..theres no argument

:fishing::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You are so, so wrong. The fact is, Zamora held this club back for YEARS. His scoring record is no better than numerous strikers at this level, and the fact we relied so heavily on his goals was of great detriment to the team as a whole.

If it wasn't for Zamora, we'd be comfortably established as a Championship club by now, and you KNOW it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely we know that Lee Steele had more talent in his big toe than Bobby had in his entire body ... a real quality player!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You are so, so wrong. The fact is, Zamora held this club back for YEARS. His scoring record is no better than numerous strikers at this level, and the fact we relied so heavily on his goals was of great detriment to the team as a whole.

If it wasn't for Zamora, we'd be comfortably established as a Championship club by now, and you KNOW it.

:lolol::bowdown:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This is not news - he has said as much before.

I think he would want another 4 years in the Prem to take him to 32. Then a Forster-like spell with us.

PG

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
No thanks.
He's proved in the Premier League these last few years that he's just not a natural goalscorer. Most of his goals at the Albion were largely tap-ins, served up on a plate by Watson (he even admits as much himself). The team carried him week-in week-out down here, he was lazy and lethargic, and he no longer has youth on his side either. Poor in the air, poor first touch, inconsistant finishing and his hold up play was quite frankly laughable.

We've got Dickinson now, who is only going to get better and better. We have no need for Zamora.

:lolol:

You always snag a few!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a slow news day and what a crock of shite, BZ will never come back here and I'm not sure he should anyway.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Right now - yes - but not in a few years time when he is at the butt end of his career and is looking to drop quietly down the divisions.

I don't really want another Micky Adams scenario. Never go back is what they say. I prefer the memories of Bobby Zamora as they are. I won't remember Micky Adams's return, I will remember what he did first time round when he had the passion and hunger.

HOWEVER, if Fulham want to loan him out, who are we to say no?........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here