Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora heads to Palace

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Dont know if this has already been posted but

According to the Daily Mail Bobby Zamora is on the verge of joining Palace in a swap deal for Darren Powell.

Thoughts anyone ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is treason

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He'd better f***ing not

but considering he's not performing in Division 1 at the moment a move to the Premiership seems unlikely

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From what I read on the Palace boards he would be treated worse there than he is at West Ham. :rolleyes:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
yeah, until he starts bangin em in!!

Blimey I was having a go at Leeds and the Alan Smith affair, he I am now saying exactly the same thing!!

Seems strange though, not performing in the championship, "f*** it, I'll go and play in the Prem? ? ?"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The rumour is in the Daily Mail don't forget.

It's surprising that anyone can actually dare admit they read the Daily Mail on this board ;)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
It's surprising that anyone can actually dare admit they read the Daily Mail on this board ;)
Don't worry, the "MailWatch" committe have recorded his name and when his posts start to take on air of judgmental whining we'll know why!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I pity my poor daughter. A middle name of 'Zamora' seemed such a good idea at the time. I did joke about changing it should he ever turn to the dark side...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is obviously some kind of wind up. Two days ago it was Reading and now Palace. The two teams in the football league that we'd hate him to join.

If this is true I may be inclined to boo him when he runs out at Withdean :ohmy:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
He wont go there cause they only score when they put the ball to Johnson (who will go to Liverpool) and he speeds past someone. Bob's not as fast as Johnson and Dowie knows that, he will have change his whole style of play to fit Zamora in, they will have to play football, on the deck. No they cant do that so this is Daily Mail rubbish. Actually I dont care where Bob goes, he is in the past. Steve Claridge is the future!!!!

Albion Rob

I find ir unlikely. Why would a team who need goals to stay up want a player who can't score goals in the division below them?

Rumours like this always come about when a player does well on loan somewhere, reporters start looking at who they could be swapped for.

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Brovian said:
Don't worry, the "MailWatch" committe have recorded his name and when his posts start to take on air of judgmental whining we'll know why!

I dont know why everyone is so anti the Mail here .....I find the Daily Mail a fair balanced and thoughtful read full of good sensible ideas.

:D :D :D

Oh shite what have I just said

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brovian said:
Don't worry, the "MailWatch" committe have recorded his name

thats sound rather like, er, Daily Mail reader behaviour.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
He wont go there cause they only score when they put the ball to Johnson (who will go to Liverpool) and he speeds past someone. Bob's not as fast as Johnson and Dowie knows that, he will have change his whole style of play to fit Zamora in, they will have to play football, on the deck. No they cant do that so this is Daily Mail rubbish. Actually I dont care where Bob goes, he is in the past. Steve Claridge is the future!!!!

Uninformed rubbish - Liverpool will go for Morientes.

Palace play entirely on the deck and have put together some great stuff. Johnson plays on the shoulder of the last man and is put through by Routledge and Kolkka.

Anyway - saw Zamora in Cardiff, he's useless.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Albion Rob said:
Why would a team who need goals to stay up want a player who can't score goals in the division below them?

That would be like Albion signing Darren Currie.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's not good enough-simple as that! A move to Hull is more likely. He'd never get in the Reading side and he certainly wouldn't get in the Phalace side .

Am I allowed to say that seeing as he's no longer a Brighton player I don't give a stuff where he goes-Palace or otherwise? He did a good job for us and got paid very well for it. We opened the door of opportunity for him and he didn't make it. It's time to move on surely? It is, after all, nearly 2 years since he left us and it IS 2 years since he left us mentally. Good luck in the future and all that.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here