Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora heads to Palace

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I heard a rumour that he would go there (smellhurst) in the transfer window for £1.5m. The source for this was a Southampton scout someone I know met at West Ham on saturday. Not saying I believe it - just passing on what I heard...

Better not be fuckin true :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
8ace said:
I heard a rumour that he would go there (smellhurst) in the transfer window for £1.5m. The source for this was a Southampton scout someone I know met at West Ham on saturday. Not saying I believe it - just passing on what I heard...

Better not be fuckin true :angry:

It's not going to happen....he isn't good enough plus his confidence is shot to hell. He needs a spell in the lower divisions again.

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
I heard a rumour that he would go there (smellhurst) in the transfer window for ?1.5m.

The Mail story claims it will happen in the transfer window and its a straight swap , no fee involved .

Also claims BZ on £10000 a week so Pardew happy for him to go in exchange for Powell.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Zamora scoring the goals that keep Palace in the Premiership - how funny would THAT be?!?

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It won't happen. Why would Palarse go for a player who can't even score in the Championship? Much more likely is that when Micky Adams gets a new job, Bobby will sign for him, where ever that may be.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
It would be hilarious to sign Brightons best ever player and stick him in our reserves.

Seriously though im not sure on this one. I'd prefer Powell to be partnering Hall at centre back than Popovic at the moment. But if anyone can get the best out of Zamora its Dowie and Harbin. I dont think it'll happen but if its a straight swap then thats ok.

As for not playing our football on the deck then thats a load of bollocks. Our whole game is about passing it on the deck as we dont have any big men to nod it on and hold the ball up if we were to play long ball.

Zamora for Palace!! :clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bwian said:
He's not good enough-simple as that! A move to Hull is more likely. He'd never get in the Reading side and he certainly wouldn't get in the Phalace side .

Am I allowed to say that seeing as he's no longer a Brighton player I don't give a stuff where he goes-Palace or otherwise? He did a good job for us and got paid very well for it. We opened the door of opportunity for him and he didn't make it. It's time to move on surely? It is, after all, nearly 2 years since he left us and it IS 2 years since he left us mentally. Good luck in the future and all that.....
What he said. Currently Zamora isn't good enough for Palace. He tried the Premiership and for whatever reason he failed. He IS good enough to play at this level (second tier) as he demonstrated two years ago but the Premiership? No, not on past form.

Good call on Hull. Let him build up his confidence again.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
eagles #1 said:
It would be hilarious to sign Brightons best ever player and stick him in our reserves.

Erm...he isn't "Brighton's best ever player". There are quite a few in front of him for that honour.

Put him in your reserves? Fine by me-as already stated, I personally don't care where he goes now because he's an 'Ammer not Albion.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Bwian said:
Erm...he isn't "Brighton's best ever player". There are quite a few in front of him for that honour.

Put him in your reserves? Fine by me-as already stated, I personally don't care where he goes now because he's an 'Ammer not Albion.
Well your a minority mate as alot of people would hate him to wear a Palace shirt. Including Palace fans

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I'd be delighted to see him in a Cardiff shirt. He'd walk into our team at the moment.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Bwian - I agree with you. Zamora did a good job for a few seasons for us but he's moved on and so should we. The guy is a 'professional' footballer. That means he goes where he needs to in order to earn his living. He may have affection for us as the club that gave him his big break, he may also be a boyhood West Ham fan, but his first loyalty while a player will be to his bank balance. If that means he ends up playing for Palace then so be it - he stopped being 'our' player the day he signed for Spurs

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Spiros said:
he stopped being 'our' player the day he signed for Spurs

I'm not so sure that this is true. The fact that we are talking about a player moving to his third club since he left us suggests that he still retains a special place in the pantheon of albion players. And i think that this is down to the timing of his achievements. If he scored 60 odd goals in two seasons for us in two midtable nothing seasons he would be remembered as little more than a quality goalscorer for us. The fact that his goals were scored as we went from the third to the first with succesive titles means that he will always be a 'special' player for us. We all know that we weren't a one man team, that without watson, brooker or the other players who provided him such excellent service he wouldn't have scored so many. But the record books will show that in those two seasons he alone scored 40% of the goals that took us up two divisions and gave us a whole loto of pride back in our team. So, i think, we will always regard him as 'our' player.

However, whilst i'd hate to see him play for palace i don't think i'd boo him. He didn't leave us for them for a start. He's played for two teams inbetween(if he does go to them). Plus the rivalry is going to be something that doesnt mean so much to him. He didnt grow up as a brighton fan, he's only played in two games against them for us. And finally, the legendary bluesman Robert Johnson sold his soul at the crossroads so that he could become a blues legend. Maybe Palace will be Zamora's crossroads...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
eagles #1 said:

Well in my time of supporting Brighton, that accolade goes to either Peter Ward or Mark Lawrenson. Take your pick. I'm sure they'd enhance your team!
:p

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Bob just the job for Palace
Fri 03 Dec, 9:37 AM

Crystal Palace are locked in talks with West Ham with a view to signing unsettled striker Bobby Zamora in the January transfer window.

Zamora has failed to hold down a regular first-team shirt since arriving at Upton Park from London rivals Tottenham.

And the former Brighton forward is currently behind Marlon Harewood, Teddy Sheringham and Sergei Rebrov in the Hammers' pecking order.

Alan Pardew would welcome a cash boost from the sale of Zamora as he looks to strengthen his squad for a Championship promotion push.

And Palace boss Iain Dowie wants to bolster his attacking options following the news that Nicola Ventola has suffered a new injury setback, facing a further six weeks out of action with a suspected broken ankle.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'd be disgusted with Bobby if he moved to them. From a purely professional standpoint I couldn't blame him, but I'd still be sickened:nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
eagles #1 said:

Seriously though im not sure on this one. I'd prefer Powell to be partnering Hall at centre back than Popovic at the moment. But if anyone can get the best out of Zamora its Dowie and Harbin. I dont think it'll happen but if its a straight swap then thats ok.

As for not playing our football on the deck then thats a load of bollocks. Our whole game is about passing it on the deck as we dont have any big men to nod it on and hold the ball up if we were to play long ball.

They may be getting ready for the Championship next year. That's Bobby's level at best. There is no way the he is our "best ever player". :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here