Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora for £5mill

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This goes with my plan perfectly.
He gets relegated with Hull, we get promoted, we snap him up for next to nothing, he leads us out at Falmer alongside Bas Savage.
:thumbsup:

I must say I thought exactly the same!

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I met him tonight and wished him all the best for his move, he won loads of flick ons and looked very dangerous although it was against perth. I think if Hull play to his strengths then he will be good signing.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
30 odd games and 2 goals last season is the reason Hodgson is moving him on. Hodgson was clever in building his upper body strength and he is now a capable player at that level, able to hold the ball and lay it off.
He has to score 8-10 goals in that number of games and therefore £5m is a cracking price to get.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
According to both my Fulham supporting colleagues at work, Fulham are sniffing around Crouch at Pompey (who still need to generate cash), I would imagine he would be an 8 figure signing (or almost). So it may well be that the Zamora money was needed to generate a bigger signing, if true a good bit of business by Fulham IMO. Not bad for Bobby either, he will be first choice, and as other have mentioned, will be a very wealthy man after this move.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Zamora would suit Hull more than Fulham yet I would have thought Hodgson would prefer to hang on to as many players with Europe coming up.

I think both teams will struggle in the Premier League next season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I completely agree with you. Hodgson is a tremendous manager and I suspect he's got someone better than Zamora lined up.

Fulham will have another solid season IMO.

They have ...Peter Crouch £11 million,,never rated Crouch personally,probbley bit better than Bobby thou,but £6 mill better??

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hull have got to be a banker to go down this season and i firmly belive they will..Bobby is a top class championship striker, but not quite up to prem standard,but that is nothing to be ashamed of.Id bet a large sum of money, that he WILL be wearing number 25 for us, when we run out for 1st game at falmer and he will score the goals that take us to the prem, in four or five years time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does BZ really give a toss about the Albion these days? Genuine question. He's not a local lad, he changes club every season and we are well in his past now. Is this "he'll be back in the stripes" all wishful thinking from Albion fans who can't let go???

Or has he EVER said anything to intimate he'd like to come back here again one day?

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Don't See Why People Are Creaming Themselves Over Zamora When We Could Probably Bring Nathan Elder Back Here For About £500k Which Would Be A f***ing Bargain.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Fulham signed Bobby for just over £4 million,he scored 2 goals in 35 starts but Hull pay £5 MILLION,ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME.!!!!!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They have ...Peter Crouch £11 million,,never rated Crouch personally,probbley bit better than Bobby thou,but £6 mill better??

A bit better than BZ. Right OK, he's only scored a few goals for teams and done f*** all for England whereas BZ well, a goal machine, front man in waiting for S.Africa.

Get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here