Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora for 5mil

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I can't see an England squad player dropping down to the Championship.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He always was an alright footballer, he was better at defending than half of the defenders I've seen play for the Albion.

not necessarily too difficult if you've been watching our defence over the last two decades :)

We've had some gooduns but bloody hell we've had our fair share of rubbish!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just as a matter of interest, how long is left on his contract?

Just wondering like ...

Edit: "On 10 September 2010, Zamora signed a new four year contract with Fulham, which will keep him at the London club until the summer of 2014" :(

Last edited:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Zamora dropped today - From Fulham press conference (Twitter)
Jol on Zamora : The only thing I want is 100% in any game and in training so I had to make a choice. It's an internal thing.
Me : Is there a problem between you and Zamora ? Jol : There's never a problem with me if they give 100%

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
May be close to them but I think your source must be facing in the wrong direction. BZ is a current international who will almost certainly make next season's Euros squad if he maintains his form. No matter how sentimental he will not be coming back to Brighton just yet at least. Remember too that he has re-invented himself and is no longer the free scoring striiker we remember - he is a better all round footballer but he now seeks to bring others in to play and thinks before he hits the ball. What we enjoyed has moved on and won't ever be the same again.

In most cases

& i would hate us to part with £5m in the process-

Would i have him back? head says NO heart says YES

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Can realistically see BZ coming back at some point in the next couple of years - I really hope this rumour has strong legs... Is there any official evidence to the OP's claims? If a single player is capable of getting the team firing on all cylinders and getting the action flowing infront of goal it is Zamora.

We are seriously lacking any presence in the final 3rd of the field. CMS is running his socks off most of the time but isn't getting the service he deserves (although he has had a couple of clangers infront of goal) Billy Paynter clearly is not the answer. Zamora and CMS feeding off each other would be electric and well worth 5 mil (even if the wages will be high) Promotion pays something like 40 mil? Tony is a gambling man and I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up getting him to be honest.

Indecently, when was the last time Brighton scored from a corner? Also, 1 shot on target seems to be quite the norm with us lately, and I hate to say it, but our position is false. We have been lucky to get points lately. Something needs sorting upfront, starting with getting rid of Billy Paynter and Ashley Barnes

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Reality check, Poyet says we have an average budget which implies we can't afford the fee, can't afford the wages.

I would absolutely love to be wrong as I was when i said that CMS would never sign for us.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Given they will probably also be in the championship next season surely he would rather come back to us?

but if, if, there is a problem with Jol and he leaves in Jan, QPR in the Premiership now is more likly than us.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Will not happen. Pretty much any team outside the top 6 in the premier league would want him. Too good for the Championship

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
My heart says a big 'yes' to Zamora coming home for a fairytale end to his career - and would love to see him in harness with CMS, but my head says he won't (well maybe for another 12 months ie after the Euros). Plus I'm not sure we can (or would want to) afford him.

My fear is that at the current rate we are more likely to lose CMS before then, he must be getting frustrated having been promised better things when he signed for us. I know we have had a terrible run of injuries and are still building a squad around a core of decent players but now think the transfer window is pivotal for us if we are to become contenders.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z not in the Fulham squad v Bolton, who had Eagles the ex-Burnley midfielder having a shot near the end. 2-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here