Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora coming home..........

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
From a more neutral point of view, you blatantly missed Calderon on Tuesday. That ex Spurs pensioner is hardly a replacement. You need cover in certain areas if you wanna see the likes of ManUre and Man Shitty at the Amex next season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bobby seems to be a target man these days, what position did Gus say we were missing?

Never say never.

Indeed, strong target man who can hold the ball up, score with his head, left foot, right foot....Far better player than the raw player of ten years ago....Bobby and Cms, that would be as good as anything in this league....We can dream.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont know whaich is more far fetched: that anything has happend between Jol and Zamora that means he has to leave, or that he would first come to Brighton throwing away any chance of England call up.

anyway, what has actully been reported as cant see anything new on SkySports online. though there is a hint from a story earlier in the week that Jol is suspicious injuries only occur when travelling (doesnt sound like the attitude of someone who played half a season with an arm in a cast).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well yes, but I don't see it as a priority at the moment.
No, but you don't get to choose when players become availble. Anyway, it's not even a rumour yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the falling out rumours are true and Jol wants to loan to sell then would Zamora be wanted by any club that was not in the lower reaches of the Premier League? If so why sell to your relegation rivals when MAYBE the Albion would be interested in a loan to buy deal. Only downside is that BZ may still have England aspirations and wages. Could happen I guess, but file under unlikely.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Well yes, but I don't see it as a priority at the moment. We've scored in every game except Leicester, and have been in the lead in every game except Leicester and Liverpool. Scoring goals isn't our problem at the moment, and if BZ was back, I don't think it would help our recent problem whereby we take the lead, then somehow go to pieces afterwards, it's almost a mental issue.

I don't agree. The problem isn't the defence. Our strikers cannot hold the ball up, which puts the defence under constant pressure. Did you go to the Leicester and Ipswich games? Huge monster centre backs bullying Barnes and CMS all game, meaning the ball didn't stick up front. Hence, Zamora is EXACTLY the sort of player we need.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ernest f***ed up big time on this one. As for Zamora - do you hear Palace fans going on about getting AJ back week-in, week-out? I think some people need to realise that it's not Micky Adams in charge any more, it's Gus Poyet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ernest f***ed up big time on this one. As for Zamora - do you hear Palace fans going on about getting AJ back week-in, week-out? I think some people need to realise that it's not Micky Adams in charge any more, it's Gus Poyet.

Has Johnson ever said publicly that he'd like to go back to Palace? Zamora has stated that he would love to play for Brighton again when he is older. I don't think it will happen this season but it's fun to speculate.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If the falling out rumours are true and Jol wants to loan to sell then would Zamora be wanted by any club that was not in the lower reaches of the Premier League? If so why sell to your relegation rivals when MAYBE the Albion would be interested in a loan to buy deal. Only downside is that BZ may still have England aspirations and wages. Could happen I guess, but file under unlikely.

He can't join a prem club till january now window is shut...... but be can go on loan to championship. Bellamy last year, who is far to good for this level did it for a team he loves.... bobby loves the albion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He can't join a prem club till january now window is shut...... but be can go on loan to championship.

Interesting, on loan getting games or sitting in the stiffs being useless to everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here