Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Spurs get say £120 million for Kane and if Bale goes back to Madrid then I could see why Zaha could go for a fee of c. £60 mill. They could get him and Toney and still have £25 mill left to go towards a central defender.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Talk about putting yourself out there in the shop window saying "Cooooooeey, I'm still here and still waiting for someone to come and buy me....... Hello... Anyone there......"

This is right after Kane's 'want away' interview too. If he was that good, clubs would come knocking.

Instead he is on his knees begging to leave "Please somebody sign me"

Still better than his normal position, rolling about on the floor.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's a good player but at 29 Palace are going to struggle to get £50m especially as his wages are already very high. No foreign club will be able to afford that kind of fee and no foreign club is going to pay him north of £100k a week he doesn't have that kind of rep globally. That leaves the EPL. City he doesn't get in, Utd is a no, Chelsea doesn't get in, Liverpool not a starter, Spurs don't pay that sort of money with no resell, Leicester same, Arsenal don't have the money, Everton maybe, West Ham maybe but do they have the money and then there is the ahem Moyes question. I struggle to see a move for him unless his price declines massively but the flip side is this is probably Palace's last chance to get a good fee and without it can they afford the rebuilding job they clearly need.

This could all be working out just perfectly...long drawn out saga followed by Wini sulk and late reduced fee transfer leaving little time to get replacements. Interesting times ahead for the scum...

Definitely agree.

No to little re-sale value, a player who’s hit his ceiling, probably in that space where he’s good for the lower PL teams but not good enough for the top teams.

They’ll do well to get around the £20m mark I think.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If Spurs get say £120 million for Kane and if Bale goes back to Madrid then I could see why Zaha could go for a fee of c. £60 mill. They could get him and Toney and still have £25 mill left to go towards a central defender.

If Kane does go (which I don’t he will), I think they’ll go for Danny Ings. If they do also sign Zaha that would be absolutely perfect as it would be massively weakening my 2 most disliked clubs in one summer!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Kane does go (which I don’t he will), I think they’ll go for Danny Ings. If they do also sign Zaha that would be absolutely perfect as it would be massively weakening my 2 most disliked clubs in one summer!

Yeah, it’s Spuds, West Ham or Everton.

His only hope of Premier League football is aboard but I doubt no one would match his current salary.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Zaha watch 2019/20 ** DEMANDED TO LEAVE - BUT NOBODY WANTS the SEGW ***

I’d love us to be in for a player of Ings quality if he becomes available. I think he would do very well here with the chances we make.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With Eze's injury I can see thi ending up with a new contract from Prince Charming.

He's a very decent player and would improve all but the Big 4's squads.
But at 29 most clubs realise they are buying one good season and diminishing returns after that.

He is still worth far more to Palace, than he will be to anyone else.
He aint going anywhere.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wilf just might want to stay when our new manager is announced :smile:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Wilf just might want to stay when our new manager is announced [emoji2]
He'll be staying whether he wants to or not.

The only manager you'll be getting is a desparate one. No one decent will want to take that job on, huge challenge to get near any definition of success in those circumstances with the thick deluded owners and fans

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We’ll see :)

We won’t see unless you actually name someone before an appointment is made. Clearly it’s highly sensitive and confidential information so I fully understand you wanting to keep it under wraps. Can you at least give us an update on how the new stand is coming along?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We won’t see unless you actually name someone before an appointment is made. Clearly it’s highly sensitive and confidential information so I fully understand you wanting to keep it under wraps. Can you at least give us an update on how the new stand is coming along?

Like Dougie is in the know, seriously? :lolol:

He’s always been a straw clutching troll who has never shown himself to know anything other than how to gloat if results go his way, and then disappear when they don’t

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

And how much more, the 2017 price for the stand has increased in 2021.

Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here