Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Roy announced today that wilf is fit and ready for selection against spuds. He’s vital in our run in ,first get to 40 points then hopefully our best premier league finishing position. We certainly missed him and we never win without him, as well you know.

No One cares Dougie... A Palace fan tried to tell me the other day that Wilf is Palace through and through... That was until I pointed out he was an Arsenal fan and had been held hostage at Palace for at least 3 years... Both facts are untrue according to said Palace fan... Yeah of course they are!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No One cares Dougie... A Palace fan tried to tell me the other day that Wilf is Palace through and through... That was until I pointed out he was an Arsenal fan and had been held hostage at Palace for at least 3 years... Both facts are untrue according to said Palace fan... Yeah of course they are!

He changed to supporting Arsenal,from Palace, when Ian Wright went to Highbury. I've seen he said this in an interview.

Only problem being, Ian Wright went to Arsenal from Palace in 1991,and Mr Tumble wasn't born until 1992.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A Palace fan tried to tell me the other day that Wilf is Palace through and through... That was until I pointed out he was an Arsenal fan and had been held hostage at Palace for at least 3 years.

The only precedent for someone being held against their will for this long is Terry Waite, who was chained to a radiator for 5 years by Shia Muslims.

Given the choice of the devil or the deep blue sea, I'd probably pick the radiator over Selhurst. Both involve lots of horrible, shouty people dressed in black, but at least Terry had the prospect of release.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The only precedent for someone being held against their will for this long is Terry Waite, who was chained to a radiator for 5 years by Shia Muslims.

Given the choice of the devil or the deep blue sea, I'd probably pick the radiator over Selhurst. Both involve lots of horrible, shouty people dressed in black, but at least Terry had the prospect of release.

Plus nobody is prepared to pay the laughable ransom Zahas captors have put on his head.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Plus nobody is prepared to pay the laughable ransom Zahas captors have put on his head.

To be fair to Palace, when Terry Waite was released they did name a stand after his dad, which was a nice touch.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And we’re off.

Mr Tumble hostage situation, 2021-22 edition
3EF3BCCC-8F35-429A-8562-54D11BB5BDB7.png

https://www.skysports.com/football/...n-move-to-a-top-club-in-order-to-win-trophies

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And we’ll open the book at:
- Offers around £30m
- Palace’s “valuation” £95m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
£30 to £40m max for someone who's 29 this year (with 25% going to United), plus a reduction in his current wages?

Palace and Zaha will need to reduce their expectations if they want a divorce.

Something tells me that once again, this isn't going to happen.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think he has missed his chance, at 28 he is no longer a prospect for the next 5 years who you could build a team around. which would have made the asking price worthwhile. He is at the point where he will start to noticeably slow down in the next couple of seasons. His actual goal return isn't that impressive for any top club who on paying top dollar will expect a far greater return than his stats would indicate he is likely to produce

That leaves the clubs in the mid table range who realistically aren't going to be winning trophies regulalry which is what he wants, so its just a slightly better chance of a couple of Europa league seasons or the odd cup run than he has now, if they can afford him. Palace have form at pricing him out of the market anyway so its unlikely they are going to be keen to sell for a reduced price to clubs they see as direct completion

I think that basically rules out the Prem League, as there is no point swapping Selhurst for the perennial relegation clubs (Us included) so its a move abroad to a European League but again the same situation arises as with the top clubs in the Prem. Will any of the European giants be wanting him, and will he want to go to a mid table European league club ?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Maybe he shouldn’t keep signing extensions to his current contract if he wants to leave that badly. Would love to see him go, with Eze injured until 2022 they would be in deep trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He should've left a couple of seasons ago when he had a better chance to do so. He isn't a top 6 player these days, he certainly doesn't warrant his current wages. I hope Palace can't move him on and he drains even more of their ill-gotten money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Perhaps someone can post a gif of it, but there was a delightful passage of play as Palace's game against Arsenal entered into injury time. Zahaha broke and took a tumble in the penalty area. Arsenal counter-attacked and managed to scored what transpired to be the winning goal.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's a good player but at 29 Palace are going to struggle to get £50m especially as his wages are already very high. No foreign club will be able to afford that kind of fee and no foreign club is going to pay him north of £100k a week he doesn't have that kind of rep globally. That leaves the EPL. City he doesn't get in, Utd is a no, Chelsea doesn't get in, Liverpool not a starter, Spurs don't pay that sort of money with no resell, Leicester same, Arsenal don't have the money, Everton maybe, West Ham maybe but do they have the money and then there is the ahem Moyes question. I struggle to see a move for him unless his price declines massively but the flip side is this is probably Palace's last chance to get a good fee and without it can they afford the rebuilding job they clearly need.

This could all be working out just perfectly...long drawn out saga followed by Wini sulk and late reduced fee transfer leaving little time to get replacements. Interesting times ahead for the scum...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He seems to have lost a lot of his pace, that and being held hostage at palace it’s no wonder he’s miserable.

Still I suppose a couple of Lamborghinis make up for a wasted career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here