Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha charged by the FA [was: could be banned]

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I love how Palace fans refer to Bridge, Kusz, Bruno as "has beens" and old etc. You are aware they're all around 30-32, not 35-37, right? Most players "prime" is generally regarded as around 26-29, for goalies it's later.

They're still absolute quality players, and that's why we're statistically the hardest team to beat in the whole division.

Ask them who was the oldest player in the Championship last Saturday and they don't refer to Phillips as a has been, a lot of their fans are calling for him to be signed for next season.

They are real hypocrites.

zaha finger.jpg

Shirely he will be charged with trying to incite a riot, which carries a prison sentence.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's £10 million upfront, £5 million add on's for Premier League/Champions League appearances, England caps etc. Then say he was sold to Madrid for £40 million we would get 20% of the profit. So the likely hood of us only ever making £10 million out the deal, as the usual bitter posters are implying, is extremely remote.

Or alternatively it's £10 million upfront, He breaks his leg or suffers a serious injury after a game or two (or even in training before making his debut) can't get back to the level he plays at now and disappears into obscurity meaning you get just £10 million which is equally just as likely as your guess at a £40 million transfer to Madrid (don't think Atletico have that sort of money anyway)

Add ons mean very little until they are reached, there was a player in the top flight who the club refused to play again because it would trigger an additional payment being due as a part of an add on fee. If Zaha turns out to be a fringe player at best for United, would they really trigger that extra payment or cut their losses?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm not really that worried about zaha. Bolassie however, i am terrified of him. We need to stop him and Murray, which i can't see us doing :(

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm not really that worried about zaha. Bolassie however, i am terrified of him. We need to stop him and Murray, which i can't see us doing :(

Why, he has started 32 games, scored 3 goals and 7 assists. He has had 31 shots on target and 34 off target, so lacks end product.
I think he is very erratic and in truth Kevin Phillips (who has scored 5 for them in a short time) is the one who terrifies me, always seems to score against us.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I'm not gonna read the thread at all other than to say he was responding to monkey noises. It was Leeds and he is a Utd player, kind of expect that from stupid thick racist notherners without a brain. Wasn't one or two either, hundreds.

I'm not gonna read the thread at all other than to say he was responding to monkey noises. It was Leeds and he is a Utd player, kind of expect that from stupid thick racist notherners without a brain. Wasn't one or two either, hundreds.

Funny that, BBS has no mention of racist abuse only the chants of "Man U Scum".

Edit:

If there were racist chants then quite frankly Zaha is well within his rights.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Utter rubbish, if that was the case why would he feel the need to apologise in the national media. Made up nonsense again and no mention anywhere in the media that this was the case. Given how eager the media are to report racist abuse football stories this kind of false accusation makes you look rather foolish.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Utter rubbish, if that was the case why would he feel the need to apologise in the national media. Made up nonsense again and no mention anywhere in the media that this was the case. Given how eager the media are to report racist abuse football stories this kind of false accusation makes you look rather foolish.

Actually the racist chanting idea came from the Leeds fans. Many of them on their forums and on Twitter were complaining that their own fans were being extremely offensive and childish and were racially abusing Zaha in addition to the United abuse.

I really can't understand this. I have absolutely no idea why a significant number of people on this board seem to think the same way. Bolasie is a top end Championship winger and might one day make it in the Premiership. Zaha is the most naturally talented player I've ever seen at Championship level and almost every manager he plays against goes out of their way to call him the best player they have ever seen in the second tier. Steve Bruce last week, Red Nose Jr. before that, Alex McLeish at Forest, etc.

If I were playing against Palace, Bolasie would be the least of my worries. Zaha, Williams, Murray and Phillips are all far more dangerous in and around the box.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
A Palace fan's idea of a foreign star is Brolin, Lombardo, Davids...

Are you actually mocking Lombardo? I had the pleasure of watching him play, it was out of this world the stuff he could do with a ball.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Or alternatively it's £10 million upfront, He breaks his leg or suffers a serious injury after a game or two (or even in training before making his debut) can't get back to the level he plays at now and disappears into obscurity meaning you get just £10 million which is equally just as likely as your guess at a £40 million transfer to Madrid (don't think Atletico have that sort of money anyway)

Add ons mean very little until they are reached, there was a player in the top flight who the club refused to play again because it would trigger an additional payment being due as a part of an add on fee. If Zaha turns out to be a fringe player at best for United, would they really trigger that extra payment or cut their losses?

Cool story bro

Are you actually mocking Lombardo? I had the pleasure of watching him play, it was out of this world the stuff he could do with a ball.

Of course, in exactly the same way as you lot mock Vicente, who is without doubt the most gifted footballer I've ever seen play for us.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I really can't understand this. I have absolutely no idea why a significant number of people on this board seem to think the same way. Bolasie is a top end Championship winger and might one day make it in the Premiership. Zaha is the most naturally talented player I've ever seen at Championship level and almost every manager he plays against goes out of their way to call him the best player they have ever seen in the second tier. Steve Bruce last week, Red Nose Jr. before that, Alex McLeish at Forest, etc.

If I were playing against Palace, Bolasie would be the least of my worries. Zaha, Williams, Murray and Phillips are all far more dangerous in and around the box.

Probably because we only see a few Palace games - ie the ones on tv and against us. In those games Bolasie has been consistently better than Zaha imho. Quite glad to hear he is not always that good!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really can't understand this. I have absolutely no idea why a significant number of people on this board seem to think the same way. Bolasie is a top end Championship winger and might one day make it in the Premiership.
Because he looked good in one game against 10 men.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Crystal Palace player Wilfried Zaha and manager Ian Holloway have been charged for improper conduct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here