Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see that a number of posters are suggesting that Bissouma hasn't reported back for pre-season training yet as he is quarantining after his hols.

That may well be the case (I certainly have no inside info).

It does seem a bit odd though that the club would sanction that - he had no international involvement over the summer so he's been "free" since the last match at Arsenal on May 23.

Why would the club allow one player to come back days after the rest of the squad (as I understand it, they initially reported back last Thursday for fitness checks)?

:shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My guess (absolutely not ITK) is that he was sold prior to the season ending. Tony got a big £50m+ through and the deal is signed and sealed. However, it won’t be public until we have done the bulk of our business. Clubs will simply ask for a lower fee for the players we are selling or they’ll bump up the fee they are charging us for transfers in.

Tony is smart. We are pleading poverty in all our current dealings in the full knowledge that at least one huge payment is on the way.

A better 20/21 showreel from a EPL defensive midfielder you will not find:
https://youtu.be/DQV6R2OAL44
The stats also show that he was the best. The likes of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd would pay a lot for this lad and probably have done. Bye Biss, thanks for all the fish.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My guess (absolutely not ITK) is that he was sold prior to the season ending. Tony got a big £50m+ through and the deal is signed and sealed. However, it won’t be public until we have done the bulk of our business. Clubs will simply ask for a lower fee for the players we are selling or they’ll bump up the fee they are charging us for transfers in.

Tony is smart. We are pleading poverty in all our current dealings in the full knowledge that at least one huge payment is on the way.

The stats also show that he was the best. The likes of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd would pay a lot for this lad.

That would make a lot of sense. Supposedly Man City have signed a Premier League midfielder but are, for whatever reason, holding it back. Would also make sense in terms of there being no serious rumours about him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The stats also show that he was the best. The likes of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd would pay a lot for this lad and probably have done. Bye Biss, thanks for all the fish.

Nope

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I really hope he stays. White is off, but I don't actually think we will.miss him. I could have sworn Biss would leave at the end of the season but now I just want him to stay. I'm genuinely excited about our chances this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

That makes zero sense from the buying clubs point of view. Why would they part with £50 odd million then not announce him, leave him training at home instead of taking part in pre-season, not meet and get to know his new team mates etc just to make sure we don't have to pay more for a potential signing?

If a club has purchased Biss then he'd be in pre-season with them, and in front of the press holding up the shirt etc.

If he had been sold and another club had somehow agreed to keep it quiet while we did more transfer business it wouldn't matter, agents and clubs would already know what had happened so we'd have zero advantage. There is no way a move like that could be kept quiet.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
He went to Dubai on holiday and it's gone on the Red List.
So on his return he would still be in a managed isolation quarantine hotel.
He's just done an Instagram live video which showed him on a cycling machine which would be a likely exercise machine if you were in that predicament.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's just done an Instagram live video which showed him on a cycling machine which would be a likely exercise machine if you were in that predicament.

This is a still from an instagram story he's recently posted, so it looks as though he's currently at Brighton Marina (no idea if that is his usual residence):-

123421.jpg

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
That makes zero sense from the buying clubs point of view. Why would they part with £50 odd million then not announce him, leave him training at home instead of taking part in pre-season, not meet and get to know his new team mates etc just to make sure we don't have to pay more for a potential signing?

If a club has purchased Biss then he'd be in pre-season with them, and in front of the press holding up the shirt etc.

If he had been sold and another club had somehow agreed to keep it quiet while we did more transfer business it wouldn't matter, agents and clubs would already know what had happened so we'd have zero advantage. There is no way a move like that could be kept quiet.

The only way it might make sense for the buying club would be if it avoided a bidding war. But that would require the selling team to be okay with maybe not getting top dollar. So no, I'm highly doubtful that that is what is happening here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Gone red ? It’s been on the red list since January…….

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I see that a number of posters are suggesting that Bissouma hasn't reported back for pre-season training yet as he is quarantining after his hols.

That may well be the case (I certainly have no inside info).

It does seem a bit odd though that the club would sanction that - he had no international involvement over the summer so he's been "free" since the last match at Arsenal on May 23.

Why would the club allow one player to come back days after the rest of the squad (as I understand it, they initially reported back last Thursday for fitness checks)?

:shrug:

The first day back was yesterday.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
https://www.thesportreview.com/2021/07/arsenal-news-yves-bissouma-latest-castles-update/

I think there has been an issue with Bissouma in that he has something of a checkered past off the field and as often happens these days, when players go through further checks after they’ve been through the analytics filter and the on-field observational test, clubs can get more careful about doing a deal.”

Apart from not knowing what a yellow box by the roadside is for, what is his chequered past?

Lille supporters said when he came here, that he was going to be a great player, if we could sort out his discipline issues, he has said himself in interviews that he has grown up a bit and cut out some of the bad behaviours in his life since coming here. No details of what mischief he may have been up to, but it seems to be behind him now, however, teaming up with old mates might be seen as possibly setting him back into old habits, maybe risk of being a bad influence on Pepe too? Maybe Pepe's agent has suggested that Biss would not be good for Pepe's discipline? Maybe it's just bollocks?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

He went to other places after Dubai. He was in Paris at one point. So as long as 10 days had passed between being in Dubai and entering the UK, he doesn’t have to do hotel quarantine, just home quarantine (5 days with test to release).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here