Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Another day, another bounce and still no new contract.
Makes me think he's waiting to see what offers are around in January.

Can't see the club wanting any kind of release clause in the contract to be honest.
That's too much like showing everyone your hand for TB.

Yeh, If he does sign a new contract, the most probable date would be 1st Feb 2022.

I also think "see where we are in Jan" is the plan him and his agent have

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeh, If he does sign a new contract, the most probable date would be 1st Feb 2022.

I also think "see where we are in Jan" is the plan him and his agent have

You make it sound like TB doesn’t hold all the aces

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Well in this instance there is a balance of power.

TB doesn't want a valuble player to run down his contract, but more importantly won't want to stand in the way and be seen to stand in the way if a Man U type club come in and are prepared to cough up

From the outside, I agree with you, the fella seems to be loving it here and there's no evidence that Yves is angling for a move or behaving in any way other than a complete professional.

I had a read of earlier in this thread and there's plenty of people who fancy themselves as know everythings stating that there was no chance he would be playing for us this season. Who knows

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its hilarious that some people think Yves future at the club depends on whether there will be any interesting signings coming in or if the results are good.

If another company offers you a fun, challenging job where you get 10 times more money, would you stick around if the boss at your current company bring in a new coffee machine and some nice plants for the office and a new very competent copy boy?

In what way does he?

Bissouma is some 20 months from a free transfer move that would grant him a £20m or so sign-on fee in addition to a massive wage and a move to a club where he'll get to celebrate trophys. He has very little reason to sign a new contract.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Its hilarious that some people think Yves future at the club depends on whether there will be any interesting signings coming in or if the results are good.

If another company offers you a fun, challenging job where you get 10 times more money, would you stick around if the boss at your current company bring in a new coffee machine and some nice plants for the office and a new very competent copy boy?

In what way does he?

Bissouma is some 20 months from a free transfer move that would grant him a £20m or so sign-on fee in addition to a massive wage and a move to a club where he'll get to celebrate trophys. He has very little reason to sign a new contract.

Fully agree. I personally think he will see out this season with us and we will try and sell him for some money in the summer.

Can't hold it against him. He's clearly at a level that plenty of teams will be interested in him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I'm someone who thinks that

Or more accurately I think we're likely that have bids for Yves and probably lots of our other talented young players in the coming years. One of the things they will consider is whether we seem content to tread water in the PL or are we looking to get up the league, maybe into the top half, maybe a tilt at Europe. Sounds unlikely, but West Ham are playing Europa League tonight having been down and around us for a good few years.

Perception of that sort of ambition isn't a guarantee that you'll be able to keep a player. As i'm using West Ham as an example, maybe they will keep Rice maybe they won't. Maybe Leeds will keep Phillips, maybe they won't. But what I do know, is that a middling club has no chance of keeping a top class player if they're not signalling intent to offer anything other than permanent relegation battles. Some chance of keeping a player like that is better than no chance.

And nobody will offer Yves 10 times more than we would offer him if he signed a deal here.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If Man Utd had Bissouma they would win the league imo, if their recruitment department cannot see that Bissouma is exactly what they're missing they're not worth paying, I reckon if they're about 9 points adrift of City come January then if they make a enquiry for Bissouma we could sell him for whatever figure Tony scribbles down on a fag packet and Utd will pay it, to my mind Bissouma is the very best player in the EPL for what he does in the position he plays, his finishing could be better we all know that but I bet he's stops the opposition ending up scoring more times than a 20 goal a season striker every club craves.

Bissouma is a player that a club like ours gets once in a lifetime, I'll be gutted when he does move on but no problems with the reasons why whatever they will be.

Of course we could actually win the league and things may change so I'll hold on to that slither of hope for now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The only ace that Tony holds, is that he's paying Biss much less than he's worth.
If Biss is ok with that for now, it doesn't hold much weight.
What other aces do you think he has?

He’s under contract to Brighton, Biss and his agent cannot dictate when he leaves and for how much :shrug:

When has TB been fecked over by a contracted player and his agent? EVER?

Having said that I think it will be an amicable agreement that suits both parties and no I don’t think there is no chance of him signing another contract with release clauses.

We’ll see

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Man Utd had Bissouma they would win the league imo, if their recruitment department cannot see that Bissouma is exactly what they're missing they're not worth paying, I reckon if they're about 9 points adrift of City come January then if they make a enquiry for Bissouma we could sell him for whatever figure Tony scribbles down on a fag packet and Utd will pay it, to my mind Bissouma is the very best player in the EPL for what he does in the position he plays, his finishing could be better we all know that but I bet he's stops the opposition ending up scoring more times than a 20 goal a season striker every club craves.

Bissouma is a player that a club like ours gets once in a lifetime, I'll be gutted when he does move on but no problems with the reasons why whatever they will be.

Of course we could actually win the league and things may change so I'll hold on to that slither of hope for now.

Not with Ole in charge, zero chance of winning the title imo, even with Biss

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He’s under contract to Brighton, Biss and his agent cannot dictate when he leaves and for how much :shrug:

When has TB been fecked over by a contracted player and his agent? EVER?

Having said that I think it will be an amicable agreement that suits both parties and no I don’t think there is no chance of him signing another contract with release clauses.

We’ll see

Muzza ran down his contract.

We had to sell Ashley Barnes for next to nothing because he only had 6 months left.

f'd over is too strong for the above examples, but TB will be acutely aware that the player has plenty of leverage in these situations.

If he is to be sold, the main hope is that multiple clubs are interested, then the downward pressure on the fee from the contract running out should be counteracted by the bidding war. TB can't rely on it though

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah agreed, but he seemingly has no problem playing for us for less money rather than commit to Tony having all the aces.
If Tony is ok with him leaving in 2 years for nothing, then all good.

We get a world class player for £5m less than we should be paying him and he trebles his wages in 2 years and picks up a massive signing on bonus for many multiples of what he's lost for the past 2 seasons.
It's a bit of a risk from Biss, but until he signs a new contract, Tony doesn't hold any Aces in 2 years time and Biss has a Royal Flush.

Fortunately we probably already have Biss's replacement at the club, so we wouldn't have to replace him in 2 years.
I think most fans would settle for that, but it does go against Tony's recruitment model for the club a bit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not with Ole in charge, zero chance of winning the title imo, even with Biss

Think this is the season Solskjaer gets properly found out.

Absolutely clueless in the big games, has been massively backed with signings now so no excuses left.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Think this is the season Solskjaer gets properly found out.

Absolutely clueless in the big games, has been massively backed with signings now so no excuses left.

tbf, there are at least 2 and possibly 3 other very good sides this year.

If they're not up and around Liverpool, Chelsea and City, then yes, sack him. If they narrowly lose out to City or Chelsea with 85 odd points, no disgrace in that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
tbf, there are at least 2 and possibly 3 other very good sides this year.

If they're not up and around Liverpool, Chelsea and City, then yes, sack him. If they narrowly lose out to City or Chelsea with 85 odd points, no disgrace in that

I can't see them being anywhere near City or Chelsea come May, personally. I agree, the top 4 are particularly strong this year and we should see a decent title race.

He's lost 7 of his 11 Champs League games, and all four wins have included at least one penalty bailing them out. I see no evidence to believe he's in the same league as Klopp, Pep or Tuchel as a manager. His next CL game is against Villarreal, and if that goes badly he's immediately under pressure.

They have a ludicrously lopsided squad, and are very weak at DM - a choice of Fred, Matic and McTominay is nowhere near as good as the other 3 sides options in that position, IMO.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't see them being anywhere near City or Chelsea come May, personally. I agree, the top 4 are particularly strong this year and we should see a decent title race.

He's lost 7 of his 11 Champs League games, and all four wins have included at least one penalty bailing them out. I see no evidence to believe he's in the same league as Klopp, Pep or Tuchel as a manager. His next CL game is against Villarreal, and if that goes badly he's immediately under pressure.

They have a ludicrously lopsided squad, and are very weak at DM - a choice of Fred, Matic and McTominay is nowhere near as good as the other 3 sides options in that position, IMO.

Chelsea are well served with Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic, but all of the other top sides are short in that area.

United have the particularly average United trio you list.

Liverpool have an aging Fabinho, the limited Henderson and Tiago, who for whatever reason hasn't worked out.

City have the unconvincing Rodri and Fernandinho, who is caught out now every game he plays.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Chelsea are well served with Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic, but all of the other top sides are short in that area.

United have the particularly average United trio you list.

Liverpool have an aging Fabinho, the limited Henderson and Tiago, who for whatever reason hasn't worked out.

City have the unconvincing Rodri and Fernandinho, who is caught out now every game he plays.

I know he looks a bit older but he is only 27!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree. Would he get the same level of adulation at a top 6 club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And would he be guaranteed to start every game with a lot of other top players around him who play the same position ??
Guaranteed 90 mins every game here

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

I know he looks a bit older but he is only 27!

He doesn't just LOOK older, though. He PLAYS older. Just doesn't have the mobility to impact the game in the way a player like Bissouma can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here