Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth footy county cup

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
The idea of a U21 County League is a brilliant one! Well done to Notts! It's a great way to give the youth an opportunity and keep players on board for a few more years!

Last edited:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Shoreham last year had four youth players that played 15-20 games each minimum and another three players that played about 10, I think there should be a u21 league set up at county level.
Ive held my level three (uefa b) coaching badge since 1994, so I love to watch players at that level progress but they need to be given a fair chance which at most clubs, inc Shoreham this year I dont think they will.

Your right Shoreham did have those players given a chance last year but then again they didn't have alot of choice when they were a struggling bottom half team. And it's a crime that those players are now digarded for the influx of new signings that the new manager is bringing in. Like I say, now they are looking for promotion those same youth players won't be trusted. Disgraceful

Jun 22, 2011
Quite right they had no choice, but at least the Youth boys showed the players getting £20-£40 a week how to play with pride and passion, this year Hola Gus Shoreham wont be within twenty points of promotion, they missed a trick according to alot of people the youth team manager last year should have been given the first team job.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
That's my point though mate. Having a lots of kids making up a reserve team is not what I call 'giving youth a chance'. Trusting the better ones in 1st team games is giving them a chance! Come back to me at the end of the season and show me just one of those players has started 10 or more games, I promise you it won't happen. I'm not slagging Lancing or any other club off just pointing out that 1st team chances are limited at those clubs with budgets and aspirations to win the league.

i agree to a point,but lancing are doing that,thats why imentioned the under 16s getting 4 lads into the ressies,it doesnt happen over night son,but the fact that lancing werent even going to take these under16 team under there wing proves my point in some way,unfortunalty other clubs havent the infastructure to carry on getting the( so called lost) under 16s

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
i agree to a point,but lancing are doing that,thats why imentioned the under 16s getting 4 lads into the ressies,it doesnt happen over night son,but the fact that lancing werent even going to take these under16 team under there wing proves my point in some way,unfortunalty other clubs havent the infastructure to carry on getting the( so called lost) under 16s

I hope I'm proved wrong mate but there will not be a player of that age starting games regulary for Lancing 1st team. Much better chance of achieving that level of football at clubs that don't pay money and invest time and energy into youth along with 1st team oppourtunitys.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We need an under 21 league on 3g throughout sussex,so we need more 3g pitches and at affordable cost.

great idea,shame pitches are even a worse issue!!!although now worthing town youth have moved over to their new super dooper arena,it will free up some.!!

Yogi Hair

Jan 25, 2012
have you still got that decent ref that used to ref all your games,remember talking to him when my lad played you down in sidlesham couple of years ago,his sonwas in goal

Yes, but we don't use him as a club ref, we have had appointed officials for the last 2 seasons. His son, the goalkeeper recently got picked to play for the county U16 side. Every team we play against tries to nick him! We played a game last week and the oppositions Lino called him the best in the league.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
certainly was in the arun and chi league imo,sussex county DIV A HAVE SOME QUALITY MIND

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i hope i'm proved wrong mate but there will not be a player of that age starting games regulary for lancing 1st team. Much better chance of achieving that level of football at clubs that don't pay money and invest time and energy into youth along with 1st team oppourtunitys.

2 worthing under 18s already been on bench for 1st team,also lancing this season,i know hartys doing a good job at worthing,his -18 team are flying at the mo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here