• Red card for both players

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Big Meeks can be added to the list of people who think ref should change the rules for arsenal. It seems Declan rice has finally and formally replaced Kane as the Englishman who can do no wrong. Had Anthony or Bruno done the same thing they would be called petulant.

Shearer explained that the Pedro incident is irrelevant due to multi-ball.
Indeed. That and.....the ball was out of play when JP kicked it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I keep hearing arsenal fans who want letter of the law so Pedro booked. I do t understand where quick throw was coming from. Obviously letter of the law gang won’t say “arteta throws it back” because he is out of technical area so should be booked himself anyway so if he touches the ball then he certainly should be.

How was this going to be a quick throw? Why are media not calling out arteta?
Arsenal plastics on twitter are now totally fixated on the Pedro incident. They've given up arguing that Rice should not have been carded and are now banging on and on and on about how inconsistent and unfair it is that Joao wasn't carded.
It's strange behaviour because a yellow for Joao doesn't mean he doesn't score the equaliser. None of them have, as yet, gone so far as to say that he would have been off later because he got booked for dissent and, therefore, Arsenal would obviously have scored a winner but I expect its only a matter of time.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Arsenal plastics on twitter are now totally fixated on the Pedro incident. They've given up arguing that Rice should not have been carded and are now banging on and on and on about how inconsistent and unfair it is that Joao wasn't carded.
It's strange behaviour because a yellow for Joao doesn't mean he doesn't score the equaliser. None if them have, as yet, gone so far as to say that he would have been off later because he got booked for dissent and, therefore, Arsenal would obviously have scored a winner but I expect its only a matter of time.
Booked for dissent, for rightly suggesting that Partey should have received a second yellow for that poor challenge. Have the hysterical Arsenal plastics mentioned that at all...?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The state of this article on Sky Sports. If anyone has the time or inclination to put him straight, his twitter link is http://twitter.com/@Ronnabe

Sky clickbait.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The state of this article on Sky Sports. If anyone has the time or inclination to put him straight, his twitter link is http://twitter.com/@Ronnabe

Five reasons he was 'shocked'...

They have missed out the main one: "Decisions like that don't go against the big clubs"

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

Instead of concentrating on the referee and what the referee should do to keep Rice on the pitch, why not concentrate on Rice himself? If Rice hadn't kicked the ball away, then he wouldn't have been sent off. There is no point jumping through all sorts of hoops to stop players facing the consequences for their own actions.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Instead of concentrating on the referee and what the referee should do to keep Rice on the pitch, why not concentrate on Rice himself? If Rice hadn't kicked the ball away, then he wouldn't have been sent off. There is no point jumping through all sorts of hoops to stop players facing the consequences for their own actions.
Well, exactly

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not read the whole thread, but I really hope someone has posted Richard Keys' slightly confusing take on the incident (apologies if fixtures).

Berk.

1000049863.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That slightly is doing some heavy lifting
Well, his take kinda made sense, but not when linked to the tweet about the Hulkster.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nailed by Guardian Weekly from 20:06. Glendenning calls it 'A supreme bit of shithousery' whilst chuckling and Onuoha sensitively calls out Arteta's permanent confirmation bias. Leads into a nice bit from Sam Dalling about Joao too.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I got into a twitter exchange with an Arsenal fan who ended up throwing insults after I said city would not park the bus for a draw like that. They provided an example of city 2-0 up vs forest and Rodri got sent off. City parked the bus and won 2-0. When I pointed out taking 2-0 is different to parking the bus and time wasting for 1-1 draw the insults started. I Also got told I don’t understand football but I have had no response to the question about whether a team defending a 2-0 lead is the same as one clinging on for 1-1 and whether they thought city would go on the attack again if they ended up level.

I guess if people can’t see that restarting after a whistle and restarting from a throw in are not different then they can’t be expected to understand that tactics at 2-0 vs 1-1 are not necessarily comparable. Oh well.

Munt

Feb 2, 2017
Worthing
I got into a twitter exchange with an Arsenal fan who ended up throwing insults after I said city would not park the bus for a draw like that. They provided an example of city 2-0 up vs forest and Rodri got sent off. City parked the bus and won 2-0. When I pointed out taking 2-0 is different to parking the bus and time wasting for 1-1 draw the insults started. I Also got told I don’t understand football but I have had no response to the question about whether a team defending a 2-0 lead is the same as one clinging on for 1-1 and whether they thought city would go on the attack again if they ended up level.

I guess if people can’t see that restarting after a whistle and restarting from a throw in are not different then they can’t be expected to understand that tactics at 2-0 vs 1-1 are not necessarily comparable. Oh well.
It sounds like you lost for having engaged in conversation with a plonker

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It sounds like you lost for having engaged in conversation with a plonker
As the saying goes, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. You'll win easily, but then the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit all over the board, and strut away like its won.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ref watch very clear that the ref had nowhere to go. Has to enforce the law. You can’t just ignore the law because Arsenal don’t like it. The fact the ball is moving is irrelevant because rice kicked it not Veltman. Veltman not done anything wrong until he kicks moving ball. Also the point that although rice did not kick it far it was off the pitch. So no choice but to give a yellow. All the people saying Veltman knew what he was doing etc - I agree. He did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here