Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're the ref: Morgan Gibbs-White

What would you have given to Morgan Gibbs-White?

• Total voters

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
To me it looked like GW was out of control and once he committed to the tackle, it was clear all day long that he was going to endanger Pedro - which he did. Watching it on the replays after the game he only touched the ball by going through Pedro’s legs. The fact it was a scissor tackle which could have been a leg breaker made it a red for me.

SFO

Mar 31, 2023
In my day get the ball then send the man into touch........but it isn't my day anymore so the after effect means it's a red

100% This.

These days, that tackle is a straight red card all day long.

The referee caused all the subsquent problems by first signalling that Gibbs-White got the ball and there was nothing too see, before being quickly reminded that this isn't the 70's anymore and he better rethink his decision!

...and then he even got that wrong!

De Zerbi's right, the ref's are *****

Last edited:

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Next poll….should be on the red shown to FH for momentarily (according to TS) stepping on to the pitch
If that's a red then both Arteta and Pep should have been sent off in the following game - both stepped on the pitch. To be fair, I can't remember the last time I saw Arteta inside his technical area.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
And now we cross to the Nottingham Forest forum to see the results of the poll there.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, but he does seem to play the man within the movement and is clearly not in control. So I'm guessing a second yellow. Looks like the initial angle the ref had suggested he had played the ball cleanly and he was corrected.
Even if he plays the ball, this is still a red card. Studs up, out of control, wraps his legs around an opponent, endangering an opponent.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
JP very lucky to not suffer a serious injury there.
Deliberate attempt to be an absolute c-unit, and he succeeded.
Very Jay Williams ish.
Thick Neanderthal pricks like that have no place in the game.
Red card-taken straight outside-shot.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Easy decision... yellow..... (in this case the second).... as easy as Espirito Santo being sent off for feigning insanity.

As for Fab..... red card for being too young to be a manager? I have no idea!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Forest are banging on about it breaching the ‘referee’s call’ approach this season. Their usual PGMOL victim complex. Utter nonsense. The decision wasn’t “overturned”. The ref simply took the advice of the other officials present, as they always have, right back to the days of running over to consult the linesman. Anthony Taylor had a clear view so obviously offered a different opinion and the ref realised the ball wasn’t taken cleanly as he thought.

Anyway, yellow card for me (adding up to a red, as given). The scissor motion was clear and that type of challenge is generally a booking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Forest are banging on about it breaching the ‘referee’s call’ approach this season. Their usual PGMOL victim complex. Utter nonsense. The decision wasn’t “overturned”. The ref simply took the advice of the other officials present, as they always have, right back to the days of running over to consult the linesman. Anthony Taylor had a clear view so obviously offered a different opinion and the ref realised the ball wasn’t taken cleanly as he thought.

Anyway, yellow card for me (adding up to a red, as given). The scissor motion was clear and that type of challenge is generally a booking.

Yep, outraged Forest that the initially woeful decision by Jones was corrected.

IMG_4671.png

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Hold on! I thought they were blaming VAR? So now it's not VAR it's the naughty assistant refs who are the problem? Well, that's alright then....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He had to go through the player to get the ball. It’s really that simple. It’s a blatant yellow, whether he gets the ball or not.
I think that’s at least a yellow 30 years ago, he’s lucky it wasn’t a straight red and a 3 match ban. He left the ground with both feet at full speed, that has been a no no for a very long time in football,.

Yoda

English & European
Yep, outraged Forest that the initially woeful decision by Jones was corrected.

View attachment 189277
Show's how thick they are then, as the 4th official is part of the on-field refereeing team and it was he that got involved. And in similar to just like the Arsenal fans when the audio was released of Rice's red card, they obviously have no idea that the VAR Team's mic's are only linked to the on-field team when they need to contact them regarding a decision. Otherwise they are meant to be taken as two separate conversations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here