Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're the ref: Morgan Gibbs-White

What would you have given to Morgan Gibbs-White?

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did he make contact with the ankle?

IMG_2776.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it?

The ref orignally gave no foul. Stephen Warnock on 5Live thought it was a good tackle as, clearly, do most associated with Forest.

The yellow was ultimately given after, it seems, Anthony Taylor got involved.

A red wasn't issued, but it does look red-worthy.

So, which is the duh-brain obvious answer, please?
The ref saw the tackle from behind, ball won. The fourth official saw the tackle from the front showing studs up, which is a yellow card.
Winning the ball is no excuse for a horrible tackle, and there is no such wording in the rules of the game. Reckless tackle.
Yellow card, but a second yellow equals a red card, not a straight red which the graphic from Football Pulse seems to suggest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, not a "he got the ball, no foul" which seemed to be the original verdict?!?
I see your narrative and, yes, I can confirm that the referee was a complete arsehat.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Second yellow

Bonus 10 game ban for being a wanker

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And now we cross to the Nottingham Forest forum to see the results of the poll there.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, but he does seem to play the man within the movement and is clearly not in control. So I'm guessing a second yellow. Looks like the initial angle the ref had suggested he had played the ball cleanly and he was corrected.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tbh the ref digs his own grave. I thought he played man then ball myself and it looked like a scissors type tackle. I’d have thought a yellow.
However ref believes he played the ball second he suggests that he should stick to his instincts. He’s been influenced by something the way Nuno reacted I’d assume Anthony Taylor said something but no idea and it was a mess.
According to TS (i was listening to the Cit/Arsenal game on way home) it was the 4th official who told him that it should be a yellow)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And now we cross to the Nottingham Forest forum to see the results of the poll there.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, but he does seem to play the man within the movement and is clearly not in control. So I'm guessing a second yellow. Looks like the initial angle the ref had suggested he had played the ball cleanly and he was corrected.
It’s definitely a second yellow not a straight red. I’ve been surprised by how many people haven’t realised this, because the referee clearly showed a yellow first.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Definite yellow, possible red, and I can't believe I'm going to say this (which only seriously old players desperate to appear relevant say), he's really not that sort of player :facepalm:

Sorry

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ref caused the touchline fracas and the manager’s reds by his poor initial decision. Right call by the 4th official (who had pretty much a perfect view of it).
Kind of answers the first part though. Ref thought he had played it cleanly from the angle he had. These things often can't be helped.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm the ref, you say? OK. Wait until I am changing and then "Oi, Tayls, yah bald ****"

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
As I said elsewhere I was right above it in the West and was clearly a bad tackle. There was a scissor motion to his standing leg that's hard to see from the replays.

I've now only just realised it was a yellow. Should have been straight red.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ref caused the touchline fracas and the manager’s reds by his poor initial decision. Right call by the 4th official (who had pretty much a perfect view of it).

Definitely not a ref to create calm with fairness and an early firm hand. First half fell for all their falling to the ground and he never clamped down on time wasting. Second half appeared to want to even it up, Nuno and their players often furious with him.

And why did the assistant refs fail to initially flag a series of clear offsides? Creating chaos in open play, fury and at least one yellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here