Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're the ref: Morgan Gibbs-White

What would you have given to Morgan Gibbs-White?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He crunches Pedro’s standing leg/ankle. There is a video angle of the tackle that makes it look very bad indeed. It brings in the question of a straight red. Yellow was the minimum. Perhaps one of the ‘orange card’ discussions.

So, not a "he got the ball, no foul" which seemed to be the original verdict?!?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It definitely wasn't a good tackle but then it wasn't a penalty and Welbeck didn't foul the player who jumped miles up into the air. But hey ho, he got the correct decision in the end in this instance.
If FH was sent off for stepping on to the pitch then that is ridiculous.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Tbh the ref digs his own grave. I thought he played man then ball myself and it looked like a scissors type tackle. I’d have thought a yellow.
However ref believes he played the ball second he suggests that he should stick to his instincts. He’s been influenced by something the way Nuno reacted I’d assume Anthony Taylor said something but no idea and it was a mess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s the day for “no shit Sherlock” obvious polls
Is it?

The ref orignally gave no foul. Stephen Warnock on 5Live thought it was a good tackle as, clearly, do most associated with Forest.

The yellow was ultimately given after, it seems, Anthony Taylor got involved.

A red wasn't issued, but it does look red-worthy.

So, which is the duh-brain obvious answer, please?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Tbh the ref digs his own grave. I thought he played man then ball myself and it looked like a scissors type tackle. I’d have thought a yellow.
However ref believes he played the ball second he suggests that he should stick to his instincts. He’s been influenced by something the way Nuno reacted I’d assume Anthony Taylor said something but no idea and it was a mess.
He clearly decided to give a quick decision to stamp his authority on the situation and got it wrong. He shouldn’t have done that and it summed up his day. His team (which includes Taylor and the Assistant Referee) clearly advised him that it was in fact a foul and deserving of a yellow card and the right decision was made in the end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No, I think the fourth official had a better view of it, and told the ref he needed to book Gibbs.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He clearly decided to give a quick decision to stamp his authority on the situation and got it wrong. He shouldn’t have done that and it summed up his day. His team (which includes Taylor and the Assistant Referee) clearly advised him that it was in fact a foul and deserving of a yellow card and the right decision was made in the end.
I think he came to the right conclusion eventually. His rash decision making on it is what has caused the who thing to really kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here