Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're Bloody Right Tony

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
more blair bashing , some people are blinkered ,

Have the tories back in .. . .. . then you'll see what its like to live in a country going to the dogs.

Thought that most of you being PC you would appreciate what Blair has done with various minority groups

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Whatever positives Blair may have achieved have been totally overshadowed by his wretched decision to involve us in the war in Iraq. He is personally to blame for the loss of the lives of our troops and for 7/7 which would not have ocurred if we had stayed the hell out of other people's countries.

His departure from office is the best thing that has happened in this country for a very very long time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
as a richer nation its our duty to get involved with other countrys. Much like in a playground the teachers need to get involved if some kids are getting bullied. Easier to turn blind eye but its our duty and Americas as a super power.

Would you walk by on the other side ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dougal said:
as a richer nation its our duty to get involved with other countrys. Much like in a playground the teachers need to get involved if some kids are getting bullied. Easier to turn blind eye but its our duty and Americas as a super power.

Would you walk by on the other side ?

If we'd done something for the poor buggers in Zimbabwe I might have been tempted to think you weren't talking naive bollocks there :)

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Is it f***. Unless of course, your experience of Canada is Calgary. Which is :yawn:

In fact 90% of Canada is up there with others in line for winning the "dullest place on earth" award, but is that necessarily a bad thing??

The exceptions are Vancouver, Toronto, the Rockies and the western coastline.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
goldstone said:
In fact 90% of Canada is up there with others in line for winning the "dullest place on earth" award, but is that necessarily a bad thing??

What about Montreal, the liveliest city in Canada and home of the most successful sports franchise in the Western world? Or Quebec City, seat of French North America (if you like a bit of diversity) and home to some of the oldest and prettiest buildings on the continent. I hear good reports of Halifax, NS and parts of New Brunswick (but haven't been there myself).

As for the rest of it, how can it be any duller than, say, parts of the West Midlands?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Britain has a lot going for it. The people are generally tolerant. The economy is generally ticking over nicely. The weather isn’t extreme. We have a diverse culture. We have the right to free speech (with exceptions). We have a reasonable education and health system. Some of the best rock/pop bands. The most watched football leagues in the world. Yes, things could be better, but they could also be a lot lot worse.

So on the whole, yes Britain is a great country to live in. The grass is always greener. But how many who go to live elsewhere, always try and recreate a mini Britain. We must be doing something right.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
goldstone said:

Probably the dumbest thing said today. 90% of Canada is unspoilt wildnerness. We've built on/bulldozed most of this planet, so I hope it continues to be open and wild. Dullest it certainly aint, unless of course you want Disneyland built in Prince Rupert

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only place I've been to in Canada is Vancouver and that is a quality city. I think half the reason people love Canada is the vast areas of unspoilt natural beauty.

Britain is a great country and I love being part of it, but some places are just overcrowded, overpriced dumps.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
crodonilson said:
Everyone knows that Canada is the greatest nation on Earth.

:clap:

I'd go along with that, the only place I'd prefer to this country to live in. It has most of the benefits of an American lifestyle withiout most of the US's downside.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I'd go along with that, the only place I'd prefer to this country to live in. It has most of the benefits of an American lifestyle withiout most of the US's downside.

Oooh, which are? Serious question as we really fancy moving on before I am too old to be accepted anywhere and Canada was on the list.

I do have a problem though in how I iperceive the winters to be (possibly incorrectly) and don't fancy dealing with 10 foot of snow every day.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rool said:
Oooh, which are? Serious question as we really fancy moving on before I am too old to be accepted anywhere and Canada was on the list.

I do have a problem though in how I iperceive the winters to be (possibly incorrectly) and don't fancy dealing with 10 foot of snow every day.

Ontario is where the largest population is although that's not saying a lot. The winters are harsh (I was there in March and there was still thick snow) and the summers can be boiling hot.

The thing about Canada is that immigration there is now as hard as the US to get entry, you need to have a specific skill and qualifications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here