Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're Bloody Right Tony

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Abridged version:

I am going.

When I was here I had some clever people who told me what to do.

I did them.

Some things worked, some didn't, when things didn't work one of the clever people got the sack, when they did work, I smiled a lot.

When I decided to do something against the advice of the clever people who told me what to do, It went completely tits up.

I am proud to say that I have stopped one group of people wanting to kill you, and at the same time created a lot of other people who want to kill you. Ying & Yang

Britain is marginally better off than it was when I came in.

Goodbye.

I am

Spot on

Jul 20, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
It was a cheap pay-off line. He must have felt there was nothing in his premiership that he could finish on to try to make everyone feel good - so he appealed to their patriotism.

yep

tedebear said:
Well its not for you - just so as you know. :p ;)

I think everyone migrates towards my magnetic charms................

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
tedebear said:
Ahh to use patriotism as a defence?

Milosecvic was a party man - who appealed to Serb patriotism as a means of attaining power in the break up of Yugoslavia. And from that came the ethnic cleansing of Bosnia and Kosovo. US Presidents use patriotism as a matter of course.

Blair is no Milosevic - but to use that finish to his valedictory speech was odd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:

Blair is no Milosevic - but to use that finish to his valedictory speech was odd.

Sincerity never was his strong point either, Blair that is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems to me the only people who think the grass is greener have made enough money here to go somewhere else and take advantage of the cheaper way of life elsewhere (there's a reason for that of course).

Personally as I have said elsewhere today when you have been to a few other places you get to really appreciate the benefits (no pun intended) of living in this country, even if being British isn't always one of them !

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
personally I think his speech today was very well put together. The good point she highlighted are spot on. Like Thatcher he held on a tad too long but fundamentally they presided over some very good decisions. The basics of how we should judge leaders - economic growth, unemplyment etc show that he has been very successful.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Dave the Gaffer said:
In conclusion, he said: "Actually I've been lucky and very blessed. And this country is a blessed nation.

"The British are special - the world knows it, in our innermost thoughts we know it. This is the greatest nation on earth."

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Im Honoured that you agree with me dave :clap: :clap: :clap: :jester:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well his right about one thing he has been Lucky that britain as a nation are bloody gullible to put him in office in the first place and put he back in again i suppose we must be stupid aswell.

Never mind he will soon bo gone and some other Labour goon will be destroying this nation.

Blair just F*ck off to the states and have your love ins with bush and don't come back.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
In conclusion, he said: "Actually I've been lucky and very blessed. And this country is a blessed nation.

"The British are special - the world knows it, in our innermost thoughts we know it. This is the greatest nation on earth."

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

damn right.

Post of the day.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
crodonilson said:
Everyone knows that Canada is the greatest nation on Earth.

:clap:

Now hang on a minute ...

Nice country in parts, mostly the west. Pretty boring generally. Far too many mosquitos and other unpleasant flying bugs. Winter climate in all but the west is awful.

However I will grant you that Vancouver is the most beautiful city in the world ... just a pity that it's been overrun by orientals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here