Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst stand-up comedian

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gervais.

Unfunny, vastly over-rated and can't improvise (as anyone who remembers him utterly dying on his arse at Live Earth due to technical difficulties delaying whoever was meant to be following him will attest).

People laud him for 'clever comedy', but for my money his stuff is not half as clever as the likes of Ronnie Barker were capable of.

:clap: :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Omid Djalili think's he's funnier than he is, but there's worse. Ross Noble is shite, Alan Carr irritating. Going back, Frank Carson was REALLY shit, but Jimmy Crickett has to be the most unfunny **** to walk this planet.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Omid was great at first, but his material hasn't changed in years i saw him at Komedia a few months back and it was the same stuff he was telling on a dvd i bought four years ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree with a number of these. Lee evans he is a poor imitation of Norman Wisdom. Lenny Henry is also gash. But one i am surpised who has not been mentioned so far is Michael Macintyre he sucks too.

Michael Macintyre. Cannot stand the bloke. Think his delivery is appalling and he was always the worst performer on Mock the Week. Perhaps he was always overshadowed by Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis!

Barry Daines
Didn't he play for Spurs?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Michael Macintyre. Cannot stand the bloke.

Shocked that it's taken until page three for that prick's name to come up. Michael 'I'm so smug because I'm so funny' Mcintyre. Errr no Michael you're actually not funny at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McIntyre is funny, Lee Evans is funny.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Michael Macintyre. Cannot stand the bloke. Think his delivery is appalling and he was always the worst performer on Mock the Week. Perhaps he was always overshadowed by Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis!

Didn't he play for Spurs?

Yes he did. I was drunk when I wrote that.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
With the exception of Joan Rivers there are NO funny women stand ups. FACT

I give you:

Rhona Cameron. Miserable Scottish dyke with a dildo obsession
Josie Lawrence: I can do silly voices
Jo Brand: Men are shit blah blah
Ruby Wax: Shut the f*** up.
French and Saunders do some funny sketches and TV stuff but stand up is poor

I know there are loads more but when will they realise that material about periods,men and bitching is a right snorefest.

oh come on, Sarah Silverman. Tediously predicibly shocking, right on ironic inverted racism that titillates the chattering classes, but you know she has black hairy nipples and is pure filth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jo Brand. Talentless unfunny and sexist munter.

Arthur Smith - sarcastic sneery twat

Jeremy Hardy. I can't begin to describe how I hate that IRA loving, "oh Britain is sooo crap except for me and my leftie mates" nobber.

Rory Bremner - you're just not funny and all your impressions sound the f***ing same.

French and Saunders - natch, tedious screamy harridans.

Arnold Brown. Alternative comedian? Still supposed to be funny though, you scotch git.

Peter Kay. How many naff short term nostalgia can you cram into one act? Dull, dull, dull.

Lenny Henry - boring. No amount of blackness covers that.

Allan Carr. Yes, you're gay. get over it.

Controversial but I'll also add Stephen Fry. Is there a smugger man in Britain?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
oh come on, Sarah Silverman. Tediously predicibly shocking, right on ironic inverted racism that titillates the chattering classes, but you know she has black hairy nipples and is pure filth.

I fancy Sarah Silverman but you're right. Bet she's got the full gorilla salad downstairs.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The worst for me are Billy Connolly, Ricky Gervais & Jim Davison.

None of them are even remotely funny IMO, I realise that Connolly is rated as one of the best ever but I just dont get it.

On the other hand, the best have to be

Ross Noble, Lee Evans and the late great Mike Reid.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wasn't going to bother but Michael McIntyre and Lee Evans are quite simply NOT FUNNY.

Omid Djalili isn't funny.

Billy Connolly and Eddie Izzard used to be funny, but have subsequently lost the plot.

Bill Bailey is definately on a downward spiral, but I'll hold judgement for now.

That bloke who present Never Mind The Buzzcocks (who unfortunately I've seen live) is completely pants as well.

I'd add Bob Monkhouse, Stan Boardman, Bernard Manning, Chubby Brown etc.. never funny at all.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Omid Djalili's early stuff was very good. I still maintain that the 30 minute set he did for the second series of Live at the Apollo is one of the best short stand up sets I've ever seen. He's just a bit one note.

A couple of my most hated comedians:
Frankie Boyle - shock factor and nothing else. Truly baffles me how people find this man funny as he really is untalented and completely charmless.
Richard Herring - only ever seen him in a short set at a 'Best of the Fest' in Brighton, and the fact that he used to work with Stewart Lee suggests he must be decent, but that set was embarrassing.
Jo Brand - "lesbian", "I treat my husband badly", "men...". Boooooooring.

Ricky Gervais is unbelievably overrated but I wouldn't say he was the worst. What I find amazing is that people are willing to stump up the silly money he charges when he always turns up with about an hour of material. He is a great sitcom writer but he is not a stand up comedian. Even if he can write some funny jokes his delivery is average at best. Peter Kay is also overrates as hell but then again he hasn't done anything new for so long it seems a bit redundant criticising him. One popular tour and that was it.

Michael McIntyre is a very talented comedian but unfortunately he has fallen into the trap of letting the fame get to him. I hate the way he puts on more of that weird voice he does now he's famous as he obviously think the audience are relying on him being weirdly posh/smug sounding. His new stuff is rubbish compared to his old as well. When you compare him to someone like Lee Evans who reached the highest rank of stand ups by doing a lot of tours and slowly building his reputation, whilst never plastering himself across TV like McIntyre, it's a shame that McIntyre has been pushed so quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here