Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Thoughts When We First Signed Gus?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Love that YouTube vid, not seen that before.

"I know maybe someone of you are worried about my inexperience of being a manager....but I promise you, I am ready to be a manager...."

:bowdown:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
A couple of thoughts. Firstly, brave and sensible decision by Mr B.

Secondly, how many exciting managerial appointments we have had for a club of our stature, roughly in this order.

1. Clough 1973
2. Mullery 1976
3. Poyet 2009
4. Taylor 2001
5. Brady 1993
6. Adams 1999.

That doesn't refer to the success they had with us, because neither Clough nor Brady did anything of real note, of course, but flair names and high fliers all.
Clough was not a good manager other than being able to motivate players,his sidekick Peter Taylor was the man able to spot a talent which again, when Taylor left and Mullers came in he inherited a lot of Taylors signings.There is no doubt in my mind Poyet is the best manager we have had,never seen in 53 years a team of Brighton as able and skilful as the team of today

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Love that YouTube vid, not seen that before.

"I know maybe someone of you are worried about my inexperience of being a manager....but I promise you, I am ready to be a manager...."

:bowdown:

I love how he is so keen to get on the mike. Comepletely ignores the question too.

I remember being excited about him but think I wanted Coppel originally.

tangfastic

Nov 1, 2009
hove
i was walking down along cromwell road and my mate,who usually hears any albion related news from me (due to my NSC addiction, watching rather than posting obviously) sent me a series of text messages. something along the lines of : latest albion news .................................................................................................................................................
the new brigton manager.........................................................................................................................................
is confirmed ..........................................................................................................................................................
as........................................................................................................................................................................
GUS POYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd got as far as hove police station by the time i got the last bit and got a few funny looks when i stopped in my tracks and squealed YES! while doing a seve ballesteros winning the 1984 Open -type fist pump

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here