Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

YOUR team for LEEDS

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
If Murray's fit enough to play then i'd put Virgo alongside Elphick, Someone was saying the other day that Hawkins don't look 100% fit after his op, so i'd only have him on the bench. CB is El-Abd's best position IMO.

I'd rather have an unfit Hawkins to be honest. El-Abd's best position is on the bench, but that's just my opinion.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
And why is that, because I have put Loft in there?

That is the first stupid selection, along with Robinson being anywhere near the match day 16. But the really at best, odd, decision is dropping Whing, the only recognised right back at the club, who has been fairly consistent in the season and a bit he has been there, just to shoe horn Virgo into the side.

As I said, luckily it is not going to happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She's always had a problem with Whing. I doubt he's bothered though. She's only a GIRL after all.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
That is the first stupid selection, along with Robinson being anywhere near the match day 16. But the really at best, odd, decision is dropping Whing, the only recognised right back at the club, who has been fairly consistent in the season and a bit he has been there, just to shoe horn Virgo into the side.

As I said, luckily it is not going to happen.

Well I don't think it's a stupid selection. I don't rate Robinson either but there is no-one else. Whing hasn't had a great season at all, out of 9 league games, he's had three good ones - Crewe, Yeovil and Southend. Orient he stuggled, as he did against Cheltenham, Northampton was ok for about 20 mins, Scunthorpe and Orient was poor....etc

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
She's always had a problem with Whing. I doubt he's bothered though. She's only a GIRL after all.

Nope not got a problem with him at all, if anything at a couple of the pre-season games and away to Crewe I said to my dad he looks really promising - good defending and great going forward.

;)

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
Kuipers
El-Abd Virgo Elphick Richards
Cox Savage Livermore Thornton
Murray Anyinsah​

Whing, Thompson, Loft, Fraser, Robinson

looks good, but seeing as we are away i'd rather have cox out and maybe a central midfielder in to help out at right back. Cox just isnt up too it at the moment.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well I don't think it's a stupid selection. I don't rate Robinson either but there is no-one else. Whing hasn't had a great season at all, out of 9 league games, he's had three good ones - Crewe, Yeovil and Southend. Orient he stuggled, as he did against Cheltenham, Northampton was ok for about 20 mins, Scunthorpe and Orient was poor....etc

Really? I would say he has been a model of consistency. Granted his not an attacking full back, but he is solid and a rarity in our squad, a right back.

Have seen all the games you have listed and am wondering what you were watching to pick on Whing from those games.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Really? I would say he has been a model of consistency. Granted his not an attacking full back, but he is solid and a rarity in our squad, a right back.

Have seen all the games you have listed and am wondering what you were watching to pick on Whing from those games.

Well obviously you're allowed your opinion, but I don't think he's been that consistent. I'm not picking on him that's just the conclusion I have come to after most games. But, still early days, things could pick up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well obviously you're allowed your opinion, but I don't think he's been that consistent. I'm not picking on him that's just the conclusion I have come to after most games. But still early days, things could pick up.

Hence I am questioning as to whether you are watching the same games.

If it was Hawkins or Richards that were being questioned I would agree, but to pick out Whing, is plainly odd.

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
One of the most consistant players last year, to be fair hasn't been wonderful this year, but doesn't need to be does his job and does it well, not great going forward but richards likes to get forward on the other flank. Looks unfit though.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Code:
                 Kuipers

Whing   Elphick   El-Abd   Richards

Thomson Savage Livermore
Anyinsah                          Thornton

Murray

Subs: Sullivan; Hawkins; Fraser; Cox; Virgo

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Hence I am questioning as to whether you are watching the same games.

If it was Hawkins or Richards that were being questioned I would agree, but to pick out Whing, is plainly odd.

I have been to every game apart from Northampton JPT.

I wouldn't question Hawkins as I think he has been brilliant for us, but not so good after his operation and should be rested. As for Richards I don't think he's too good either. It's not odd as he has been poor for the majority of games this season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I have been to every game apart from Northampton JPT.

I wouldn't question Hawkins as I think he has been brilliant for us, but not so good after his operation and should be rested. As for Richards I don't think he's too good either. It's not odd as he has been poor for the majority of games this season.

Again it seems that you are watching a different game. Hawkins post operation has been a limping disaster area.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Again it seems that you are watching a different game. Hawkins post operation has been a limping disaster area.

Harsh and not true, he hasn't been that bad. Like I said in another thread, there are some players the fans don't take to and others that can do no wrong. Overall Hawkins has had a better season than Elphick - yet he gets no stick whatsoever.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Code:
                 Kuipers

Whing   Elphick   El-Abd   Richards

Thomson Savage Livermore
Anyinsah                          Thornton

Murray

Subs: Sullivan; Hawkins; Fraser; Cox; Virgo

Put El-Abd at right back and Virgo centre back and your onto a winner.

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
Harsh and not true, he hasn't been that bad. Like I said in another thread, there are some players the fans don't take to and others that can do no wrong. Overall Hawkins has had a better season than Elphick - yet he gets no stick whatsoever.

That is just not true. I dont think many others would agree!

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
That Hawkins has had a better season than Elphick! He just hasn't. For a start he hasn't played as many and when he has played he has been a shambles at the back

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Whing hasnt been brilliant this year, he does the basic defending well - tackling and heading. But his positioning isnt great, he's a tad slow, his distribution is poor and he's a little unfit - Adams has brought him off 3 times so far this season - and you watch him towards the end of matches, he's the first player with his hands on his knees trying to get his breath back.

I agree with Mendoza's team. Let Thornton and Anyinsah roam the wings and stretch the pitch, while Savage and Livermore try and dictate the tempo of the game in the middle with Thomson attempting to get forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here